newbie trying to decide which tablet is best for what i need it for

gm1997

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I has never used andriod and looking to purchase my 1st tablet. I was wondering if people can help me find the best tablet for the uses i will doing with it. Price no more than $400. wifi 16 or 32 gb. If allows for sd card want 16 gb. Asus300,700 Samsung galaxy note or the nexus. What is difference between asus 300 or 700 considering price difference between 2. What is usb port use for and is it on tablets. looking mainly at ones i posted above But any other Wi- fi Tablet that will be best for my needs will be fine too. I want one that search internet for long periods of time with no lagging. Also make use of bateery charge the longest. Play my music cd's on to mp3 etc and bring them from pc to tablet.} Take decent pics in house and send them to someone else laptop. Want webcam to video chat using thier laptop and this tablet. Want to use yahoo messenger, go to yahoo groups and as owner able to do same things as my laptop This is minor maybe tablet for example to take notes for groups. recipe ingrediants or teen search web for projects and want to put things searched on tablet so not to forget them. This tablet is basically is replacing laptop.
So everyone Please chime in and help a Novice to andriod. I dont own a smartphone but know about {yes the dreaded word here apple} tablet. Also can u update it yourself or does tablet update itself. Can u stay at iCS or is it automatically updated. Reason asking as jellybean is having alot of problems so would rather stay on ics until bugs are fixed. If u dont use credit card How do u pay for non free app? is there any tablets that u can use to play app games on hd tv Tablet that allows downloading the kindle store or nook to use apps on ur tablet? I want to do all this without voiding warrenty. Sorry for all the questions but I cant get out and try tablets in store cause im disabled. Oh just 1 more question is there a big differnce in using a 7 in tablet vs 10 inch with what i want to do with tablet. Thank you in advance for all ur help.

ensarj

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
7 inch tablets are great for reading books, and they can be carried with you easier. I would suggest you to take a look at the Google Nexus 7 as it is the best 7 inch tablet right now, and that for $199. Good luck.

socialcarpet

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I think the Nexus 7 is easily one of the best tablets you can get right now and it is THE best 7" tablet and THE best tablet for the money. That said, I don't know if I'd call it a laptop replacement exactly. I'm not sure any 7" tablet could replace a laptop... But maybe with a good case with a built in keyboard and a solid office suite with word processor and spreadsheet app, you could get by. You might also take a look at the ASUS Transformer (may be a little beyond your price range though) or the Nexus 10.

The nice thing about a 7" tablet is that it is small enough to take almost anywhere, you won't think twice about taking it along when you go out, where taking a 10-11" tablet is a little bit more of a commitment. The downside is it's not going to be quite comfortable to write a long paper or make a spreadsheet on.

A good 10" tablet will probably have higher resolution, which combined with a bigger screen, will make it easier to get work done.

I'd say if you expect to use it like a laptop and you're going to be doing a fair amount of work on it, go for a 10" like the Nexus 10 or ASUS Transformer, if you can stretch your budget to squeeze one in. Get a nice external keyboard and you'll be in good shape.

If you will use it for more play than work then I'd go with the Nexus 7. You cannot beat it for the price, and definitely get the 32gb version.

If you want "no lagging" and no trouble with OS upgrades, then your best bet is to get a Nexus device with Jellybean on it. That means a Nexus 7 or a Nexus 10.

Don't worry about Jellybean, I'm using it on my Nexus 7 and it works just fine, I've had no problems, and it is noticeably smoother than earlier versions of Android.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante