Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Haalcyon
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    HES

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Default Best Resolution?

My 14 year old is a voracious reader. She is a huge fan of the works available from wattpad, a web site for independent authors. Right now shes been reading everything on her phone. Unfortunately her vision aint the best and her optomotrist has said to get her a tablet. So with that in mind I am wondering, who has the best display out there with the goal being taking things easy on her eyes. Is the GN7 still the cream of the crop?

Default Re: Best Resolution?

Nexus 10 has best resolution, it's amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wetink View Post
    Nexus 10 has best resolution, it's amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app
    Actually, the newer nexus 7 has a better display than the Nexus 10.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    Actually, the newer nexus 7 has a better display than the Nexus 10.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    ?? The nexus 7's display is more than 3" smaller and is lower resolution than the Nexus 10's. You think the nexus 7's display is better FOR READING? Please elaborate.

Sent from my S4/Note 8.0/Note 10.1
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    ?? The nexus 7's display is more than 3" smaller and is lower resolution than the Nexus 10's. You think the nexus 7's display is better FOR READING? Please elaborate.

Sent from my S4/Note 8.0/Note 10.1
    Yes. Firstly, when it comes to reading text, the screens PPI is more relevant than its resolution. As you said, the Nexus 7 has a smaller screen. Even with its lower resolution, its smaller size gives it a pixel density of about 323 PPI, compared to the Nexus 10 which is slightly less sharp, at around 300.

Secondly, the Nexus 7 as a device, is better suited to reading. Its smaller form factor, lighter weight and better usability, makes it better suited to reading.

Even though the Nexus 7 has a smaller screen, that doesn't mean that the text size has to be smaller. You can easily change the text size to be larger, and it's going to be sharper than on a Nexus 10 screen.

I strongly suggest the Nexus 7, as it's generally a fantastic device, you'll save money if you choose it over something like the Nexus 10, it's more comfortable to use, and of course, has a sharper screen.

Tom

Sent from my HTC One :-)
    Thanked by:

Actually I have a new nexus 7, plus lenovo helix, playbook, and a few large screens. I'd say for actual reading of books that one of the dedicated ereaders that have a liquid ink type display are better. Something from amazon or kobo etc.

Here's a recent review....

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by TomsAndroid View Post
    Yes. Firstly, when it comes to reading text, the screens PPI is more relevant than its resolution. As you said, the Nexus 7 has a smaller screen. Even with its lower resolution, its smaller size gives it a pixel density of about 323 PPI, compared to the Nexus 10 which is slightly less sharp, at around 300.

Secondly, the Nexus 7 as a device, is better suited to reading. Its smaller form factor, lighter weight and better usability, makes it better suited to reading.

Even though the Nexus 7 has a smaller screen, that doesn't mean that the text size has to be smaller. You can easily change the text size to be larger, and it's going to be sharper than on a Nexus 10 screen.

I strongly suggest the Nexus 7, as it's generally a fantastic device, you'll save money if you choose it over something like the Nexus 10, it's more comfortable to use, and of course, has a sharper screen.

Tom

Sent from my HTC One :-)
    I did...picked up a Nexus 7 32 this afternoon. Quite nice. ...just wish I could easily change the fonts like I can on my Samsung gizmos.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Live long and prosper.

TomsAndroid and neonworm like this.