Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mac to tablet

Hey,

Right now I run a macbook pro and have a samsung gs4.

I'm looking to move off of the apple thing and integrate my devices a bit more.
    I'll be attending my junior year of college next year so some level of productivity is a must.

Ideally I'll sell the macbook for about $1000. I'm looking to then purchase a relatively budget windows 8 laptop or desktop to use for school work and heavier computing tasks, and then a higher end android tablet for everything else (movies, music, data management, etc.)

I was hoping someone would have suggestions on the best tablet to wait for and even any windows advice about what i may really need in a laptop to maximize my productivity.

My major concern with the tablet market right now is that even the high end tablets i've seen still have less processing power than my phone, and i'd hope my main device could be a bit faster than my phone is.

thanks for the help!

Default Re: Mac to tablet

Some schools are using Google apps. If yours is forget windows and buy a pixel. Otherwise go windows and ask what the school wants you to have. Most schools provide tech support so it matters in the windows world. Nexus 10 is a fine tablet. Between your phone you got productivity and entertainment covered. Most schools are bathed in wifi
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Mac to tablet

I'd like to stick with the traditional laptop, just to be a hub for everything and be a last resort blackout solution. I'm pretty set on a windows laptop because it can support basically anything. I'm not too sure if all the random online learning programs classes at my school use would work on a chromebook, some dont even work on macs.

i like the nexus 10 but again my thought are that it has a slower processor than the one my phone is running, to me it seems strange that is how it would end up. maybe thats just me.