- 88 Posts
- 08-24-2010, 02:12 PM #2
- 08-24-2010, 04:05 PM #3
Exactly. If I am getting a Phone OS tablet, I know they are doing it for flexibility and power consumption reasons. But I still expect a tablet, to have a better screen resolution, better CPU, more memory, and more flexibility. That is why I think that we will see that first on an Android tablet. I just hope we don't have to wait a year for them to flesh themselves out.
- 08-24-2010, 06:17 PM #4Droiderator
- 5,672 Posts
- Bugless Nexus
Re: Gizmodo Poll: Android Tablet or iPad?
I need a 10 inch tab the 7 just looks like a phone too much. If you can hold it with one hand like the 7 inch it don't make it much better than my phone. Hoping for a 10 inch by moto or some android giant.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
- 08-24-2010, 06:19 PM #5
- 08-24-2010, 06:30 PM #6
- 08-25-2010, 02:50 AM #7
- 08-31-2010, 10:24 PM #8
I've been weighing the pros and cons of iPad vs android tablet a lot lately:
- available now
- apps available now are more than "up-scaled phone apps"
- standard format (resolution, etc) with wide distribution
- lots of apps available
- mature accessory ecosystem
- no Adobe Flash
- requires Mac to do programming
- App store issues, tied to iTunes to purchase/install
- A platform I otherwise have no investment in
- ATT (3G versions)
- probably multiple form factors (7" and 10" for starters)
- less expensive (possibly), some may be carrier-subsidized (for better or worse)
- external storage options (micro-SDHC, for example)
- Development tools available free on Windows, Mac and Linux
- Stock Froyo allows max screen of 480x854.
- Non-standard resolution/size implementations may affect app availability or limit certain apps to certain screen sizes, until configurations stabilize.
- Not all tablets will have Android Market, it appears
- Will apps be mostly phone apps on bigger screen? How long before real tablet-specific apps?
- Eclair vs Froyo vs ?
- Will any of these be as aesthetically-pleasing as an iPad?
Last edited by dougsyo; 08-31-2010 at 10:28 PM.Happy with my Verizon HTC Rezound, looking to move past GB.
- 09-01-2010, 09:22 AM #9
I agree with you Doug.. I'm on the fence about getting an iPad, just because it does have the apps I need/use.. but I'd rather have the Android OS, as I do love it as an OS (plus it does actually multitask)...I just wish the apps that I use on the iPad would have something close on Android.
I have another month before I bite the bullet (gotta love gift cards)..