Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dell making new Android tablets

Dell is finally making new Android tablets. They're called the Venue 7 and Venue 8. Both tablets share the same specs (1280x800 IPS screen, 2GHz Intel "Clover Trail" chipset, 16GB & 32GB storage). The best part is the price. The Venue 7 starts at $149, and the Venue 8 starts at $179.

Global Posts
    18,856 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Dell making new Android tablets

Good news. I thought they backed out of Android...

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Tarantino View Post
    Dell is finally making new Android tablets. They're called the Venue 7 and Venue 8. Both tablets share the same specs (1280x800 IPS screen, 2GHz Intel "Clover Trail" chipset, 16GB & 32GB storage). The best part is the price. The Venue 7 starts at $149, and the Venue 8 starts at $179.
    They both have microsd card slots as well. Might have to pick one of these up. I was getting a Dell laptop anyways (I get a discount on their stuff through my job).

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hopefully Dell actually supports these. So is this like a one-time thing, or is Dell taking the Android market seriously?

Hopefully Dell actually supports these. So is this like a one-time thing, or is Dell taking the Android market seriously?
    It looks like they are taking it seriously too me. There's two tablets and not one like how HP did it.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

So what would be the better buy? These Dell tablets, or HP's upcoming Tegra 4 powered tablets?

So what would be the better buy? These Dell tablets, or HP's upcoming Tegra 4 powered tablets?
    Probably depends on if you like Nvidia or Intel for the horsepower.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I mean which processors are more efficient and good with battery life, Intel Atom or Nvidia Tegra? It's about time we see more inexpensive tablets using name-brand processors.

2GB of RAM, Intel processors, 16GB of storage... Seems like Dell knows how to make a good tablet.

I mean which processors are more efficient and good with battery life, Intel Atom or Nvidia Tegra? It's about time we see more inexpensive tablets using name-brand processors.

2GB of RAM, Intel processors, 16GB of storage... Seems like Dell knows how to make a good tablet.
    Intel I would think have the better battery life, Tegra I would say for 3D games like shadowgun, modern combat, asphalt 8 and riptide gp.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by AaronDeVante View Post
    It looks like they are taking it seriously too me. There's two tablets and not one like how HP did it.

Well we still don't know how well Dell will support these tablets, that's why I'm unsure about buying them. HP seems to be more committed to Android because they have a variety of Slate tablets coming out soon.

Maybe it's best to just get a Nexus 7 and get all the updates straight from Google, but I don't have $230 to spend on a tablet.

Well we still don't know how well Dell will support these tablets, that's why I'm unsure about buying them. HP seems to be more committed to Android because they have a variety of Slate tablets coming out soon.

Maybe it's best to just get a Nexus 7 and get all the updates straight from Google, but I don't have $230 to spend on a tablet.
    Same here, though I could shell out $230 for it. Why do I have to when there are lower cost alternatives who can deliver a mostly stock experience for $150 or less. That's a $80 difference which can be saved for something else or saved.

Bump it up for all the Venues bought around Black Friday!!! I just cant believe the lack of buzz...I got a 16gb 8" and love it. Well, except no one has figured out how to root it. I really like to disable start up programs and a few other superuser tweaks. Anyone else buy one?