The weird world of Android Tablets

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I have been thinking on getting an Android Tablet, and so far I have to admit I am having a hard time pulling the trigger. The reasons are:

1) Wildly inconsistent quality. What is it about Android Tablet makers that they use the cheapest and crappiest stuff they can find? So far the only tablet makers out there that seem to "get it" are Samsung and Apple (spit).

Everyone else shorts the hardware in significant areas (not using at least a capacitative display, underpowered CPU, not enough memory), has questionable build quality (I'm looking at you Viewsonic as well as the other "knockoff" makers) and/or is using an ancient version of Android.

2) The one that appears to hit the quality buttons (the Galaxy Tab) is priced pretty high. It's $100 more than the iPad for a device with a smaller screen and a plastic (as opposed to metal) build. But I don't want iOS I want Android!

Hopefully Motorola will raise the bar while getting the price under control, because right now I am having a real hard time pulling the trigger.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, the last part fell off.

Has anyone encountered Android Tablets with good build quality and such (like I detailed ) other than the Tab?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois