MobileIron and moto x lock screen features?

WaWaWhatsy

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm due for new work phone; will have to install Mobile Iron with 8 character pass code. Work wants to limit devices to iPhone or GS4. Samsung would have S-bloat and Verizon all over as well as having to enter the code every time I use the device, even to just pull down notifications. iPhone would be an iPhone but at least the finger print unlock has proven to work with MobileIron.

If the Moto lock screen features (trusted devices, clip and dots, active notifications) play nicely with MobileIron I may be able to make the case for a Moto X or Droid.

No luck so far with web searches on the subject. Anyone have MobileIron running on an X or Droid that can comment?

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So your employer is locking the whole device? We have BYOD and use MobileIron, about 25,000 users. On my 2 android devices, it sandboxes the app and encrypts. I have to enter my passcode to launch MobileIron, but not to use my phone. If I have not entered the passcode, the notifications will just be you have mail (for mail that's all your really get in notification) for Calendar without passcode, you just know you have (or have missed) an appointment, with passcode you will know the title of the appointment.

that said, since I travel and some states have passed laws about law enforcement being able to search your phone, I have encrypted the device (those same states cannot make you provide your password). So I have inflicted more pain upon myself that MobileIron (or our messaging team) has.

Not sure if that helps.

Edit Just saw the OP posted this months ago. I will not delete as a new user might find my comments useful (or comical).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci