Can't install apps on my Huawei Android phone?

wchang

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I am new with Android phones and I wanted to install Candy Crush game into my Huawei phone that has Android 2.3 but I keep on getting a message that I do not have enough storage? I recently installed a Kingstong 16gb micro SD card and changed the setting to have apps installed on my removable SD card. Why can't I installed any new apps?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't install apps on my Huawei Andriod phone?

Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure the setting you changed allows you to install apps on the removable SD, or the internal SD (aka Internal Storage)? Android phones generally don't let you install to the removable SD card unless you're rooted, or running an earlier version (can't remember if Gingerbread allows this).

wchang

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

I'm sure I selected install on to removable SD storage.

What's the best way to install apps on the phone? The total in storage memory is so little

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's the big drawback of Android phones that come with little memory.

It might be that in order to install apps to the external SD, you may have to be able to install first to Internal Storage, then move it to External SD.

Posted via Android Central App

August_Yap

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

I have a same problem as above. Since the internal storage is too little, I decided to uninstall all the apps, and default the storage location to SD card, then reinstall my apps. However, I can't install the apps or even update the original apps like fb,twitter. Then, I press the default storage location to internal srorage, and try to reinstall my apps, but it still doesn't work. can you help me ?

Vince Earley

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

I am on Android version 4.1.1 and my Huawei Ascend 360 shows in the manual how to install an external SD card so presumbably I can use it....however Hi,

I have the same problems as the original poster that when trying to download an app it says that I am out of memory even though I have an external sd card with 32gb of which 29.9 is still available :-(

I would be grateful for any help or advice...many thanks

Vince

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, as was partially discussed above, you're limited by your internal storage. The external SD doesn't help much for app installation. You might be able to move portions of an app to the SD, but it has to download to Internal Storage first, and if you don't have enough space there in the first place, then you won't be able to install the app at all.

Review this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=315804

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

i bought a huawei y220 phone but i cant install anything

Welcome to Android Central! Can you give us a few more details? Are you trying to install apps from Google Play, or from some other app store like Amazon? If you're trying to install from a non-Google Play source, make sure you have "Unknown Sources" checked in the Settings/Security menu.

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

I'm sure I selected install on to removable SD storage.

What's the best way to install apps on the phone? The total in storage memory is so little

Not sure if this will work but it's worth a try , go in the playstore and 'try' and install clean master and then do a clean of your device....

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

i cant install apps from play store in my newly brought y220

Welcome to Android Central! A few more details would help. Are you logged into your Google account? Are you getting any error messages?

Keep in mind that your phone has an extremely small amount of internal storage (512 MB, according to the specs), some of which will be taken up be the OS, so that's hardly any room to install anything before you start getting low on space. See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

danilopicot

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site

i bought a Huawei y220-t10 and it didn?t bring playstore so i cannot dowoload any app , i try to download playstore but i dont know how, thanks :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! If it didn't come with Google Play, then it probably isn't certified by Google to have the Google Play Store. Not all phones or devices will be compatible with Google Play. There are a number of other 3rd party appstore that you can use, like Amazon Appstore. See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...stalling-apps-managing-media.html#post3400938

Valendo

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

I just bought a huawei ascend Y220 and I have been trying to install apps with and even without Google play but the downloads always fail with a message saying "error downloading (error498)" please help. I have tried everything. I've even ticked the box that allows me to download from unsafe sites but I can never download any apps

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Does this persist after rebooting? If so, you might want to consider a factory data reset.

Valendo

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
As you suggested I did a factory data reset but the problem is still there even after switching phone off a number of times. Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did your phone come with the Play Store, or did you have to install it yourself?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A 498 failure from the phone means that you don't have enough space to download the app. This usually happens with the larger games. Try the usual tricks for gaining space - move all your media files (including ringtones, alarms, notifications) to the external SD card. Clear caches (you won't lose app data). delete your logcat file if you have one (you only need what's on it for debugging if an app starts working wrong).

The phone has only 512MB of ROM, so you won't be running any really large games - the phone's just too small. And if your free internal space (external space is for media storage, it has nothing to do with downloading or storing apps, except for the few that can be moved to external SD) gets down to 50MB or so, you won't be able to download anything.

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I too had same problem my frnds .. download and install facebokk or any app from another store (mobile9) then it automatically allows to get and download apps from google play also. try it works