Huawei Ascend G7 battery won't charge

A

AC Question

Hello,

I have a Huawei Ascend G7 which I bought brand new about two months ago. It ran out of battery yesterday and I have charged it over night but it doesn't appear to be charging. I have tried several chargers with no success - and taken it to a phone repair shop who says the port looks fine (I have heard the charging ports break quite easily on these models).

I think it might be a software issue because when first plugged in it looks like it is charging and has the battery on the screen with a red line showing low battery charge. Then it switches to an image of a battery looking like it is charging (with a green bar going up the battery). But seconds later it flashes up with the image that means 'plug in your charger' (a grey battery with the charger lead next to it) and stays like that even if charged for hours.

Can anyone help with this? My wife is due to give birth in the next couple of days and I really need a working phone - Huawei are being no help at all!

Thanks in advance

Jon

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say you tried several chargers, does this include the charging cable, or just the wall plug? Make sure you're trying different cables as well.

Use a can of compressed air to blow out the microUSB port. If the person who looked at only did a visual inspection, they might not have seen lint or other debris if it was deeper inside.

jonnersdean

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi there - thanks for the reply! Tried different cables, wall chargers, plugging into the mains and into laptops/computers. The guy at the shop gave the port a gentle rub with a toothbrush so would imagine that cleared out an debris? It looks like it may be the battery that's faulty, but they are not designed to let you take it out!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Could be the battery, or something inherent with the charging port. A toothbrush is ok, but I'd also try the compressed air method as well, since a toothbrush could have also just pushed debris deeper inside.

xolela_dean

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Hey, did you manage to fix the problem? I have the very same problem with my G7 phone, and I've tried everything i could. Please help if you got a solution .

Jonnorob

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey, did you manage to fix the problem? I have the very same problem with my G7 phone, and I've tried everything i could. Please help if you got a solution .

Me too, Huawei P7, and the phone just recently stopped charging. Actually, after cleaning the charging port/receptacle it is a little better. It shows the charge percentage increasing slowly, sometimes going down one percent before increasing again. I suspect the port is in need of a more thorough cleaning, or maybe replacing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc