Constant issues, even with a reboot/reset.

MrGyroRoboto

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I own a Huawei Valiant, and two days ago it's been acting weird. It works fine for about five minutes and then apps to stop running one by one. Contacts, Google music, Gallery, Messenger eventually settings and so on - sometimes leaving me with no other option but to reset the phone (if it hasn't already done so itself).

When the phone's been restarted, all erased memory from the time it started malfunctioning returns. So, if I uninstall an app, move/remove widgets on home screen, erase any internal memory, or move it to an SD card, upon restarting the phone it's as if I never did a thing. Also, my apps won't record any new memory.

I've tried factory resetting my phone twice, when it reboots everything is still there "untouched". I'm unsure if this is due to some kind of virus, my phone being old or something else.

I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Unknown Malfunction

Hi,

I own a Huawei Valiant, and two days ago it's been acting weird. It works fine for about five minutes and then apps to stop running one by one. Contacts, Google music, Gallery, Messenger eventually settings and so on - sometimes leaving me with no other option but to reset the phone (if it hasn't already done so itself).

When the phone's been restarted, all erased memory from the time it started malfunctioning returns. So, if I uninstall an app, move/remove widgets on home screen, erase any internal memory, or move it to an SD card, upon restarting the phone it's as if I never did a thing. Also, my apps won't record any new memory.

I've tried factory resetting my phone twice, when it reboots everything is still there "untouched". I'm unsure if this is due to some kind of virus, my phone being old or something else.

I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks.

I would highly suggest you format the SD card/memory then factory rest. Start completely fresh as though you just purchased the device. Something is causing it to do this, which could be a file saved on the SD card.

MrGyroRoboto

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi, thank you for the taking time to respond.

I removed the SD Card and reinserted a fresh one. The problem still persists.
I can delete a file in the SD and it'll remain deleted, but not in internal memory. After resetting the phone, all files I attempted to delete return. I even installed Secure Delete app (in apk form), erased files still stuck in internal memory, formatted internal memory, factory reset and when I restarted the phone the app I installed disappeared and all the files I deleted reappeared.

The memory seems to be stuck on the day it started to malfunction (2days ago). So you can't add new memory or delete existing memory it seems.

Thanks for your advice anyhow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835