LG Stylo Low Memory but 32 GB Help!

tburck27

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
New to the andriod world, Just made the switch from iphone to andriod, I am with Cricket and bought the LG Stylo with 32 GB SD Memory Card. I hardly have many apps installed on the 8GB phone, I have done the "move apps to SD" option, even though this only moves the app data and keeps a good amount of the app on my actual phone.

All my photos are on the SD Card, Pretty much the apps are taking up all my space, so what is the deal here? I love this phone, but did I screw myself over? Why make a phone with such low memory, sell a 32 GB card and not be able to install any apps to it or be able to move full apps to the SD Card?

I have a 32 GB card sitting here with a handfull of photos on it wasteing away, any advice on the app issues? I have done some google searches and hear there are methods, but not finding any realy great advice. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The reason to make a phone with low memory is to cover the budget or entry-level market. The SD card has always been primarily useful for media storage, not app installation. In general, you should always get a phone with as much internal storage as you can afford. 16 GB is almost too small these days--but of course, it depends on what your usage habits are. The more apps you want to install (and the bigger those apps are), the more you're going to run into low storage issues.

See this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

tburck27

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Okay thank you for the responce, so pretty much I am screwed over by about $250, its too bad, I love the phone, but this storage issue is a disaster. My new issue now is whatever "system data" is, mine is using up close to 2 GB of data, there is no way to look at this or erase any of this. Did several google searches and many many people have this problem, but there are zero answers, any advice?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Where are you seeing this System Data? Are you talking about data usage from your wireless data plan? Or are you talking about data that's stored on the phone's internal storage?

tburck27

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Under Settings, storage, miscellaneous and right at the top is "storage data" Over 1 GB and no way click on it, see the files, erase the data, nothing.

tburck27

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I have done most of that, all media is on my SD Card and I have like 6 apps installed, still have over a GB of this System Data, so no way to address this? I am simply stuck with losing a GB of memory in this already reduced memory phone? Since i cant use the SD card for installing apps

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, not sure what else to tell you besides trying to root the phone and deleting preinstalled or system apps, which I don't have experience with. Deleting system apps can obviously be risky as well.

tburck27

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
My "system data" is up to 1.40GB now, sucking up all my space, phone is borderline unusable now, i have erased pretty much every single app I have on this phone, about to take it back to the store and see what can be done, this is insane, no reason I should be losing a Gig and a half of data on an 8 GB phone with zero explanation on how to fix it.

tburck27

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Seeing another issue now also, under storage it saying my phone is using 6GB worth of apps, I clicked on that and added up all the app sizes with a calculator and the total is 1.1GB, how is this phone saying my apps are 6GB when I can only count 1 GB worth of app data?? What am I missing here?

Paul Burke1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I have the same phone and have 6+ Gb of misc files that I can't see in the internal memory.... 1.25 Gb of apps and 217 Mb left. The apps I have are minimal with FB taking up 280 Mb as my biggest app. I just want to know why the misc file just keeps getting bigger and I can't look at it to get rid of the bull**** that is piling up...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Remember that the OS and any preinstalled bloatware take up a good chunk of internal storage. The OS itself occupies around 3-4 GB, and bloatware could account for an additional 2 GB or so.

tburck27

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Same as Paul, my System Data is up to 1.49GB now, why does it keep growing?? You google andriod system data and spend hours reading of people with this same issue and no answers at all

tburck27

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't have that, I uninstalled and disabled pretty much all pre installed apps except for google play store due to my memory issue

tburck27

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Just did a factory reset on my phone as it got to the point where it was unusable, My system data is over 5GB on my 8GB phone, I am going back to cricket tomorrow and see what can be done, something is up and it's insane no one has any answers on what system data is and why is it killing phones

Rodney Jenkins

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I tried everything i could think of to fix the memory issue with no results. I decided to do a reset after dbl checking that all was backed up. It worked like a charm! I just got my LGGS on the 4th of Dec and this minor issue isnt enough to make me switch phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2