LG G STYLO - not enough memory on sd card?

jessssseeka

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello... I have a Boost Mobile LG G Stylo that is currently running Marshmallow. It has a 16GB Sandisk MicroSd card in it. It has been formatted. I am running low on internal memory, so I started moving all movable apps to the sd card. After moving several apps, I am getting "Not enough Storage Space," When the sd card has about 10GB left of available space. I'm getting very irritated! Someone please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're probably right, but just to be sure--where did you get the 2nd card from? If they're from anywhere besides a reliable bricks and mortar store, I'd still run SD Insight (it's a free app).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The counterfeits can't be told from real SanDisk cards by looking at the packaging - they're counterfeiting that perfectly. As B. Diddy said, SD Insight will tell you what's in the card. (If the date in some time in 1970, it's counterfeit - 0 is Unix date 1/1/70, and some counterfeiters neglect to put in a reasonable date when they reprogram the card. [There's a whole little computer in that card - controller, firmware and the storage area you use. It can be programmed to say it's any size, so you may have a 512MB card that claims to be 16GB.)

If SDInsight says it's a good card, contact SanDisk at SanDisk microSD Tech Support (there's live chat at the upper right). Even if the problem is your phone, they'll try to find out what's wrong. They're a great company to work with (which is why I always pay the extra it costs to buy their cards - the service is worth it).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
At this point, I would suspect the firmware. Did the phone just recently update to Marshmallow? If so, do you know if it was behaving this way on Lollipop?

cccbentz

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I just looked up on youtube and unfortunately LG blocked the use of internal storage for micro sd card and unfortunately Marshmallow doesn't let us move apps to sd card.:mad::mad::mad:

jessssseeka

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
It updated to Marshmallow about a week ago. I'm not sure if it was this way before Marshmallow or not. I've had this phone since November and this is the only problem I've had. Although it's very aggravating.

12630871_10208372822455588_1845241052_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't already, try contacting LG Support to see if this is a known problem with the firmware update.

You could also try installing the LG Bridge program to see if you can reinstall the firmware: LG BRIDGE - COPY FILES, AND BACKUP YOUR DEVICE

Thanks for posting this link! I have yet to decide whether I should just stick to Lollipop 5.1.1 and leave it stock, or root that installation to free internal memory a bit (still no TWRP recovery... would be better with that), or upgrade to Marshmallow 6.0. (All these horror stories are disappointing, never seen so many of them before for any of the devices I've used on Android!) My G Stylo is on Virgin Mobile USA. Again, many thanks! This should help out a lot of folks. :)

anon(9681881)

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
1. Phone memory

When there is less than 10MB of space available in your phone memory, your phone

cannot receive new messages. You must check your phone memory and delete some

data, such as applications or messages, to make more memory available.

Corey Keyes

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello... I have a Boost Mobile LG G Stylo that is currently running Marshmallow. It has a 16GB Sandisk MicroSd card in it. It has been formatted. I am running low on internal memory, so I started moving all movable apps to the sd card. After moving several apps, I am getting "Not enough Storage Space," When the sd card has about 10GB left of available space. I'm getting very irritated! Someone please help!

I just recently bought the LG G Stylo for Boost mobile myself. Thanks to the morons at LG taking the choice of making the SD card a part of the phone; moving apps is the only way to alleviate space from the internal storage. I bought a 16GB UHS-I SanDisk SD card from Walmart and I have run into this same problem. My phone says there is "not enough space" when i have over 13GB of space left on the card! There has to be a flaw in the OS somewhere.

568amanda_chris

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for posting this link! I have yet to decide whether I should just stick to Lollipop 5.1.1 and leave it stock, or root that installation to free internal memory a bit (still no TWRP recovery... would be better with that), or upgrade to Marshmallow 6.0. (All these horror stories are disappointing, never seen so many of them before for any of the devices I've used on Android!) My G Stylo is on Virgin Mobile USA. Again, many thanks! This should help out a lot of folks. :)

I was wondering what u decided to do, i just got the Lg g stylo through virign mobile. And it just upgraded to marshmallow. I still can't seem to use my SD card for internal memory. How do i root my phone without bricking it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry. While it's possible to root a VM LG G Stylo on Marshmallow, the actual method for doing so is extremely difficult to run. Also, root is lost once the phone is rebooted.

You're stuck with MM on that phone. It can't be reflashed back to Lollipop anymore. As far as the using the SD card, there is a fix for that which allows for the adoptable storage mode to work. Get a more knowledgeable friend to do this for you if needed:

6.0 LG G Stylo Boost/Sprint/Virgin Adoptable… | LG G Stylo

I eventually rooted my phone under Lollipop 5.1.1. Didn't come back here sooner as I'm mostly on Android Forums and xda these days.

Anyway, sorry about that. Good luck, whatever you choose to do. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463