LG Premier LTE (L62VL) corrupting the microSD card?!?

pf4premie

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
In all the various smartphones I've owned, none dared cross the line. until this one came along.

I go to Settings / Storage to unmount the microSD card. When it is ready, i remove the card, wait about a minute, then re-insert the card.

Then i see the icon in the status bar of a SD card with an X in the corner. On further investigation, it states that the SD card is damaged. Try formatting it.

Nope. not going to format it, because the data is still there.

Has anyone else experienced their microSD card getting corrupted by this phone running software version L62VL10a?

(next time, I'll try shutting it off before switching the microSD card... and we all know how inconvenient THAT is.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! More often than not, it's a problem with the card itself. Has this happened with multiple cards?

The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Great info there boss.. and reason I knew about thsi error and I did my home work it it comes to SD cards and what to look for seeing how I used these card and readers for my photography purposes. Not sure if this has been touched upon, but I would place the microSD card into is read (which looks like the full size sd card) then transfer all the data to another device/computer. Then format the card and try to install back into the smarty.

The issues I encountered and while on DPReview's forums. is that 90% of those who use this setup have reported that the card read as well as Win10 at at fault here. This might not pertain to what you're facing.. but check other avenues and back up your data before moving on to the next step.

What's odd here when I first open the back cover to my smarty, is that the SIMM's card was in the MircoSD card slot. Again not sure if this has any baring or could damage the contacts..As of yet, no issue to report with our new ScanDisk 32GB Ultra cards. I'm a stickler for quality card and readers and I like the point Diddy brings up about counterfeit.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What's odd here when I first open the back cover to my smarty, is that the SIMM's card was in the MircoSD card slot.

Many dual SIM phones use a hybrid 2nd SIM slot which doubles as a microSD slot. So you can either have 2 SIM cards inserted and no microSD, or a SIM card and a microSD inserted, but not all 3.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Understood, but clearly the SIM card was in the wrong slot upon inspection, reasoning.. is because the SIM card was smaller than the MicroSD card and I'm surprised the SIM didn't fall out during shipment or storage. Plus the leads on the SIM card are different than those on the MicroSD card so the SIM card wold not have worked in the "MicroSD" slot. Just someone's lame/rush job to package the phone for delivery.

Julianna Martell

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
Understood, but clearly the SIM card was in the wrong slot upon inspection, reasoning.. is because the SIM card was smaller than the MicroSD card and I'm surprised the SIM didn't fall out during shipment or storage. Plus the leads on the SIM card are different than those on the MicroSD card so the SIM card wold not have worked in the "MicroSD" slot. Just someone's lame/rush job to package the phone for delivery.

the micro sd slot is on top of where the SIM card resides

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2