LG Stylo 2 Plus App to SD Missing

crevice9

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the Stylo 2 Plus/LG-K550 at T-Mobile and I'm really disappointed to see the normal feature of being able to move apps to the external sd card has been removed and even a 3rd party app I cannot override this design flaw. I bought a 200gb sd card, my phone's minimal factory storage space is full (16gb... and I can't use most of that); I'm suppose to be OK with this???? Is this going to be resolved with an update? If so, when? Phone is being returned for a normal phone within the next week if this problem is not fixed. I'll take the hit on a restocking fee and loss of money I paid for the case and screen protector. I may go with the Samsung J7.

As a side note, the spell check/correction on this phone blows. I just had to add the word 'go' to the library because it keep replacing it with government... REALLY?!?!?? It also does not suggest the next word like my HTC One M8 did. Yes... I know it's a whole different level of phone but my gripes with this LG are on basic functionality not high-end specs.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you do some research. You will encounter this with all new devices. SD cards are meant for media. They are too slow, unreliable and corrupt easily to be used for apps. They are also insecure. Certainly not a design flaw.

crevice9

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I suggest you do some research. You will encounter this with all new devices. SD cards are meant for media. They are too slow, unreliable and corrupt easily to be used for apps. They are also insecure. Certainly not a design flaw.

It's funny how you try and sound like an authority on the subject. You sound more like an employee of Google. I disagree with everything you just said and there's plenty of others that due as well. I'll link below this abandoned feature on the brand new S7 Galaxy but thank you for trying to educate me on what an SD external card is supposed to be used for... I had no idea you've opened my eyes. I have never had an issue because an app was stored on an external SD card. And the speed point is BS. If you don't believe me do a little research on the history of computer graphics and gaming transfer speeds.

https://youtu.be/N5v9PkmxtSw