lg stylo 2 camera

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
first off hating this phone. at first it was alright. but now is horrible.
lags, freezes, i cant even load half the apps i had on my other devices. but anywho
my issue is with the camera. if i use any camera feature inside an app it freezes or lags horribly.
same when i use the phone camera app. especially the front facing camera. For some reason when i take selfies, the phone will continue to snap pictures even though i only tapped the screen once. so i ended up with the original (dark/grainy picture) and a whole bunch of other ones that were snapped randomly any one else have that issue?
with the back camera the flash wont always work even if i have it set to always use flash. the flash wont initiate or turn on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-26757

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-26757

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

followed instr no safe mode mode prompt for boost but i'll google and see thank you

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So i went into safe mode and opened up phone camera. Got the same thing.
Here's a screen shot of what happens. Disregard my lazy sunday football look. Lol
65adf88dcdb2c9c6478d7aae08ba2abf.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the camera have a burst setting? With burst, if you hold the shutter button down for more than a brief tap, the camera will take a burst of pics.

Also, how does the phone perform otherwise in Safe Mode? Is it still lagging?

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Does the camera have a burst setting? With burst, if you hold the shutter button down for more than a brief tap, the camera will take a burst of pics.

Also, how does the phone perform otherwise in Safe Mode? Is it still lagging?

rest of the phone seems to work fine.
i looked for settings on the camera (not many available)
i hold phone with my right hand and just tap once with the left. maybe its a glitch with my phone. only happens with the front facing the back works fine. o well. :) thanks you for all the help though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There is an Interval Shot feature which takes 4 photos at 3 second intervals: Interval Shot - LG Stylo 2 User Guide. Considering that your screenshot shows 4 small frames, it seems like the camera is glitching and trying to take Interval Shots, even though you're only tapping it briefly.

You're tapping the screen button, and not the Volume button, right?

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There is an Interval Shot feature which takes 4 photos at 3 second intervals: Interval Shot - LG Stylo 2 User Guide. Considering that your screenshot shows 4 small frames, it seems like the camera is glitching and trying to take Interval Shots, even though you're only tapping it briefly.

You're tapping the screen button, and not the Volume button, right?
Yea the screen button. Maybe I'll hard reset and see

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01