LG L33L -- totally dead won't boot.

ebensen

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
LG L33L -- totally dead won't boot. Initially the problem started where got message, "invalid battery", and immediate phone shutdown, every attempt. Played with the power button, holding down, etc.. finally got the phone to stay on long enough to download files to laptop. Let the battery run low, to zero, planing on, plugging in to charger to fully charge. Now won't even recognize charger.. plugging over night , still nothing. Bought new battery, installed, still dead, nothing. Is it a brick now? How do I get it back up?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! After installing the new battery, did you let that charge up overnight as well before trying to turn it on?

ebensen

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I installed the new battery, tried to start the phone, and nothing happened.. Then let it charge overnight, again, nothing, just a black screen. Held the power button down for over 2 minutes, screen just stays black, no boot condition. I pulled the battery out and just plug in the power cord, and I get an image of a battery with X and ? mark. Put he battery back in, and held the power button, but still no phone boot.. Seems to not recognize that the battery is installed. Is there recovery software available using the USB cable connected to a PC to revive the phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like the problem might have to do with the phone's hardware (e.g., the battery contacts, or possibly the motherboard). I doubt any recovery software would be able to do anything -- you'd probably have to bring it to a repair shop. Sorry!

ebensen

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
Thanks -- Looked at the battery connections, and they all (4) looked good.. connections look good. Pulled the screws out and pulled the cover off to expose the motherboard and get a better look at the battery "connection bus" soldered to the board, it all looked good.. reassembled and tried to boot again.. nothing, still black screen, plug in charger, nothing.. I guess it's bricked for some odd reason? Only a $100 phone 1½ years ago.. Just buy new one again.