[Galaxy J2] Device not recognize by laptop and conducted a Factory reset, what can I do?

A

AC Question

Hi! I encountered a problem with my samsung galaxy j2 last week. I have this mini usb fan that I usually connect to my phone when i travel. But then one day it stop working. I'm going to transfer files to laptop but then when I connected it using a legit samsung usb cable my laptop cant recognize my phone anymore as a portable device. What may be the cause? I think the usb cable is still fine since it was just charging my phone when i connect it to laptop. The option whether to choose MTP or PTP didn't come out also.

#2 so with this I decided to create a backup and use the factory reset option because i thought it will resolve the problem but nothing happened. the other features of my phone are also gone like the widgets, the charging percentage meter when the phone is off is also gone. There is a need for me to open first my phone when charging and I can no longer charge my phone when it is off unlike before. Please help me with this matter. Thank you very much

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Cables can fail unexpectedly, and it's also certainly possible for only the data transfer wires in the cable to be faulty (while the charging remains intact), so try a different cable. If different cables also don't work, then there might be a problem with the phone's microUSB port. Make sure there's no debris in the port--if it's clear, then the port itself might have to be replaced.

When you say the widgets are gone, do you mean they're no where you placed them on your homescreen, or that you can no longer place any widgets on the homescreen at all?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"create a backup and use the factory reset option to where? To the phone? Or to an external device?

"and use the factory reset option" That makes sure that all the data you've copied to your phone (your name, apps, widgets and anything else you've entered or changed are gone and unrecoverable. Sorry.

Ask first, act later.

Simon Foley

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. Brand new One plus 3 phone. I have two cables, the phone is charging in the Mac and in my PC but the PTP and MTP will not come up as an option on the phone nor is the device recognised on the computer. Yesterday it was working fine until it failed a few times while transferring music. After that it stopped working.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Check to see if the phone's microUSB port has any debris in it, like lint.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance