moving music to J3 issues.

grizzzj3

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I am having an issue with moving a large number of music files into the memory of my J3. I have not found a correction for this yet on the net. Problem is: When i move the files from my PC to the phone, the phone says they are there. When I try to play them I get a fast replay of nothing but chirps and pauses. I have a large capacity SD card installed (>128 gigs). Some of the music plays correctly, ie; stuff that I have loaded within the past 12 months on my PC. The earlier files play just fine on my HP PC. I believe all of my licenses are up to date, all music files were loaded straight from my CD library. I have tried different players with the same result. If I re-load a CD it seems to work correctly. The large number of CD's I loaded would make it a large consumption of time to re-upload them all. Same issue if I load the music to internal phone memory. I used the Windows Media Player to sync the files, also tried to just copy them using drag and drop. The files that will not work are in a .wma format, but so are the ones that work. This has to be an easy fix, since I can play all of said files on my PC. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.Giz

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I have found that transferring huge amounts of data all at once tends to increase the risk of data errors. What happens if you copy the files to the phone in smaller batches?

grizzzj3

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I have tried to transfer one album and also one music file at a time. Same result. As I have stated it does not matter what files I have uploaded, it is the ones I have archived on my drive-not any new ones that I upload.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not sure what to try next. I'm guessing it has something to do with spotty WMA support, but I'm not sure why some of your WMA files play normally.