Outlook really sluggish on Grand Prime

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Something odd is happening with Outlook on my Grand Prime phone, less than a year old. When I open Outlook, I just get a white screen (see picture), no messages load. Eventually the messages do load, but it often takes several minutes. Any thoughts for a fix?
Thanks,
b

Attachments

• 2016 grand prime.png
    2016 grand prime.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 1

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moved to the Galaxy Grand forum.

Have you tried going to the App Manager, selecting Outlook, and Clearing Cache? If that doesn't help, you could also Clear Data, but be cautious if you downloaded any emails that are important.

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Moved to the Galaxy Grand forum.

Have you tried going to the App Manager, selecting Outlook, and Clearing Cache? If that doesn't help, you could also Clear Data, but be cautious if you downloaded any emails that are important.

Yes, tried that, clearing cache did not help. I do have important emails so I did not clear data.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Those important emails aren't also on the account's server? Are you using a POP3 server or an IMAP server? If the latter, then the emails should still be on the server, and clearing data from the app shouldn't get rid of them.

Also, is it sluggish regardless of wi-fi or mobile data connection?

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
By the way, thanks for moving my post to the correct forum, but why is the Grand Prime forum in the Archives?
More Android Goodness > The ArchivesAndroid > Central ArchivesSamsung >Samsung Galaxy Grand
Shouldn't it instead be under:
Samsung Android Phones > Other Samsung Phones

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
By the way, thanks for moving my post to the correct forum, but why is the Grand Prime forum in the Archives?

Good question -- it's probably because the Grand was released in 2012, while the Grand Prime was released in 2014. Since there's no subforum for the actual Grand Prime, this seemed to close enough. But now that I think about it, the phones are so far apart in release date that they're probably not very related. I'll move it to the More Samsung Phones forum. Sorry to bounce it around so much!