Galaxy J3 Sky won't receive calls or texts when powered up

Boston02116

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to post this twice. I couldn't find the Samsung forum.

A couple weeks ago I changed my Straight Talk phone from a Moto E to the new Samsung Galaxy J3 Sky.

Sometimes I turn my phone off at night so I'm not disturbed. I noticed that when I turn it back on in the morning, it won't receive calls, texts or voicemail notifications unless I make a call with it or toggle the data off and on. I didn't realize this was happening and was missing calls and voicemails for days. If I make a call to my phone, it goes right to voicemail like it's not even on the network. But signal is great. I can see a Verizon tower from my window.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is this normal for Samsung phones?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you tell if the calls and texts are actually coming through, but just without an audible notification tone, or even a notification icon in the status bar? Or are they definitely not reaching your phone at all? Have you tried contacting Straight Talk support (although I know they tend not to be very helpful)?

Boston02116

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

Calls were definitely not coming through. When I called from other phones it went straight to voicemail.

I messed with the phone all night. Called Samsung. They blamed network issues. But my other phone was fine.

A factory reset seems to have fixed the problem. Don't know why. The phone is new. Not much on it except a few apps that were on my old phone. Do apps corrupt a phone? I'd think the part of the OS which controls the phone and associated chipsets etc would be immune to anything which affects it's basic functions as a phone. Unless you root the phone that is. I just hope the problem doesn't come back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz