i need help

ilitema

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
my samsung galaxy j5 under the battery the model no is sm-j500h but when i go in setting / about phone , the model no is sm-j5008. is this the currect firmware? if isnt , how can i fix it?.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you get the phone brand new from the carrier, or was it refurbished or used? Or did you buy it new from an independent seller? If it was anything besides a carrier, then it's possible the seller flashed a different phone variant's ROM in order to make it compatible with your region's network bands.

ilitema

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
the phone i buy in hand from another person,not in shop. i cannot go in download mode with this firmware. thats mean i cant use odin to upgrade. j5008 is china firmware but the phone is not china model j500h. (that is my opinion because i am not sure). i have to much problems with my phone. i have try very much flash firmware mtk to change that.but all of them was broken and no one flashed with sp flash tool. sp flash tool is the only to change my phone model. can you help me with original flash firmware sm-j500h ?. download mode is not working,i repeat that. thank you for your response.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Let me see if I can find help for you, since I don't have direct experience with this kind of thing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's not what the OP is asking about. The issue is that the phone itself has a sticker identifying it as SM-J500h, while the firmware identifies itself as SM-J5008, suggesting that someone flashed the J5008 firmware onto the phone. Flashing a different variant's firmware onto a phone could potentially cause issues.

ilitema

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
there is two different things. SM-J5008 is china model firmware (clone) . but the model SM-J500/DS is not chinese phone model. with this firmware i have to much problem, 1) memory ram is not working good, 2) i can't play games because some games the phone not open, in some other games like "zynga texas poker" when i play, after 2 minutes the phone going out from game. 3) when i open the facebook app , the phone switch off automatically. if i unistall updates from facebook there is ok to open the fb app without switch off .4) download mode is not installed.i have try many different ways to go in but nothing (thats mean i cant flash with ODIN).The point is : someone flashed the phone with fake software before i buy that. now i am looking for the original flash software SM-J500H to install with sp flash tool. i have tryed many of them but was broken software program.(fake)... if anyone have idea for one program (flash firmware) like that ,who know good the program is working 100% .please tell me. i am so tired from fake firmwares on many pages in internet.if you help me, i will thank you so much.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for providing the above screenshots.

I am sorry to say that your phone is in fact not a genuine Samsung J5 but one of the many clone/copy/fake versions that have flooded the market. It is using a Mediatek board with a Mali GPU as opposed to the genuine Samsung J5, Qualcomm with Adreno GPU. See your screenshot #7 . There are also numerous other anomalies such as RAM, Build number, Software version, kernel and screen.

You cannot, for obvious reasons, flash genuine Samsung J5 firmware to these fake phones. However, these clone models do have their own fimwares and a Google search reveals the following... clone samsung j500h

I am sorry but I cannot be of any further help on clone models and I trust that this clears up the mystery for you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton