Tab E and GIFs

Vykun

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Just looking for some quick advice. Just got a Tab E when I purchased my S7 Edge, never used any Android tablet before now, so I'm still getting used to it. I was messing around with Tumblr on the tablet, and it seems like every GIF that loads up in Tumblr wants to animate very slowly. I thought perhaps this was due to it loading them for the first time, so decided to let it sit, but going back to it, they all still play very slowly. Videos all play perfectly fine, images load quick. It just seems to be the GIFs that load, and play super slow. Normally I wouldn't care, because I hardly use Tumblr, but my girlfriend is on it constantly, so I'd like to sort this out before I hear about it from her, lol.

The GIFs load perfectly fine on PC, iPad, my S7, my old S5, it just seems to be the Tab E that is having the issue. Have tried restarting the app, the tablet, reinstalling the app, they are still super slow.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try going to the App Manager, select Tumblr, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now try again.

Vykun

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
No luck there. I even tried logging into a different account this time to rule out my account being weird, no change at all.