How do I fix, WiFi will not turn on?

danwashuk

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
After updating to release 6.0.1 Marshmallo my Samsung Galaxy tab s 10.5 has no wifi. Wifi will not turn on. I have done the factory reset several times but wifi still will not turn on. Is anyone else having this problem..???

danwashuk

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I contacted tech support and did an online chat. They had no solution but said they would pass along the problem. I also filled out an e-mail problem report to Samsung this morning. No replies yet.......

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

freeyo

Q&A Team
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
First try shutting off bluetooth, see if you have wifi. There is reports of not working with bluetooth on. After goto settings, backup and reset, reset network settings. I don't know if after putting bluetooth back on it will work. But try. Samsung has a problem with it, they are aware. Reinstall hasn't corrected it.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
First try shutting off bluetooth, see if you have wifi. There is reports of not working with bluetooth on. After goto settings, backup and reset, reset network settings. I don't know if after putting bluetooth back on it will work. But try. Samsung has a problem with it, they are aware. Reinstall hasn't corrected it.

A few things.
Forget known WiFi networks.
Turn WiFi off
Turn it back on and see if that does anything.
Switch the WiFi band if you can find it in settings. Settings---> WiFi, tap the three dots, select WiFi frequency and instead of automatic btry the 5 GHz only or the 2 GHz only.

danwashuk

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I have tried all the suggestions offered in my post. I think I am on the 6th iteration of downloading and reloading the software to get my tablet back to the original factory settings. The end results of which are always the same. Wifi will not turn on. Also Bluetooth will not turn on. Someone asked if I have a MAC address and the answer to that is yes, I can see a MAC address in the settings but no ip address is displayed. That makes sense because wifi will not even turn on.

I have fooled around with turning airplane mode off and on and turning Bluetooth off and on, Bluetooth does not come on either and there is one other thing that seems strange to me. When booting up the tablet, after it slowly spells out SAMSUNG there used to be some of what I call fireworks around the word SAMSUNG and SAMSUNG would dim out a bit as the little fireworks display came and went. Now there are no fireworks but the word SAMSUNG still dims out a few times before the tablet finally boots up. It seems strange to me.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Still under warranty? Maybe Samsung will repair it for you? Hopefully you'll hear back from them sooner rather than later. Maybe try a phone call?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar