What happened?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes I checked my shipment first thing this morning and that's exactly what I seen, hoping thet cleared right after and it'll show a change once the package hits my local FedEx tonight.

Moto told me this will be corrected within 24 hours, and if there is a delay, it'll only be for 24 hours. The rep told me that invoices are being forwarded to FedEx.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Moto told me this will be corrected within 24 hours, and if there is a delay, it'll only be for 24 hours. The rep told me that invoices are being forwarded to FedEx.

I'm definitely not happy about another delay but I guess after all we've been through what's another 24 hours :'(

Hopefully after all the waiting these watches are worth it.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely not happy about another delay but I guess after all we've been through what's another 24 hours :'(

Hopefully after all the waiting these watches are worth it.

Me, too. But if not, I'll send mine back and buy the new LG Watch Urbane when it's available. By then, maybe Google will have figured out network connectivity for Android Wear. LOL

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I sure won't be afraid to send mine back for any reason I don't like it, to much of an investment to just settle. No other watches have caught my eye so I'd probably just go without a smart watch like I have for the last 42 years of my life ;)

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Here we go again!!!!!

Can AC maybe do an article about this situation and investigate? This is the worst Motorola experience I've ever had.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 14.15.15.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 14.15.15.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 9

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

It's not the first time a product phone or wear device has been delayed and definitely won't be the last, I've been around to see a few from all major the manufacturers. Somehow you have to find the ability to be somewhat patient when it comes to buying the latest gadgets.

If I stopped buying because of these delays I'd be left with an Iphone :( :( :( that would suck

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I have plenty of patience. Delays are one thing. Being constantly lied to and then having your item stopped by Customs because Motorola didn't declare this properly is an entirely different thing.

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Sooooooo......had a conversation with FedEx and all these watches are on a pallet sitting in Customs in the Fedex Warehouse at the main Hub in Memphis. There's a lot. Motorola apparently put a value on the shipment, to avoid taxes, that was ludicrously low. Customs Officials looked at the Bill of Lading, the declared value, the amount of merchandise, and said no way.

This shipment isn't going anywhere until Motorola calls Customs to straighten all this out. There is nothing we, as the Receiver, can do.

It could be quite a while before this shipment is ever released from Customs.

Seriously, an article should be written about this. Can you imagine if this happened to Apple?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I agree with you 100% and believe that Moto should have been up front and honest. The customer reps IMO are just telling us what they've been told to and really have no idea about why these delays are happening. This just seems to happen every now and then with these launches.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Sooooooo......had a conversation with FedEx and all these watches are on a pallet sitting in Customs in the Fedex Warehouse at the main Hub in Memphis. There's a lot. Motorola apparently put a value on the shipment, to avoid taxes, that was ludicrously low. Customs Officials looked at the Bill of Lading, the declared value, the amount of merchandise, and said no way.

This shipment isn't going anywhere until Motorola calls Customs to straighten all this out. There is nothing we, as the Receiver, can do.

Seriously, an article should be written about this. Can you imagine if this happened to Apple?

I hate to admit it, but I don't believe this would ever happen to Apple.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I agree with you 100% and believe that Moto should have been up front and honest. The customer reps IMO are just telling us what they've been told to and really have no idea about why these delays are happening. This just seems to happen every now and then with these launches.

I believe they know at least part of the story. The rep I spoke with seemed to know. She told me the invoices are being sent to FedEx and the deliveries should only be delayed no more than 24 hours. But Moto should have known this would happen because they shipped the Moto XPEs without incident. So somebody at Motorola screwed up on this one. It seems to be only the orders that were initially delayed, because there don't seem to have been this problem with the watches that have already been delivered and weren't initially delayed.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

Agreed, There def needs to be an article

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Looks like they have been released so still a chance for tomorrow's delivery.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine is still...being...built. Since September 2. It's due at my door on Monday. I'm not buying that.

Posted via the Android Central App

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Looks like they have been released so still a chance for tomorrow's delivery.

Do you work for Motorola? Haha...JK.

Yes, you are correct.

I guess I've just become so disillusioned by this whole experience that I wouldn't be surprised if the FedEx driver jumped off the truck with my watch, tripped, the box goes flying into traffic and a car runs over it.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
This will be my second Motorola device since the original Moto Droid which got me hooked on Android. Yeah so never worked for them or even a big fan.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll be damned. My order is finally complete. Now for the shipping delays and Customs holds. 😂

Posted via the Android Central App