Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Don't forget, this is not just about what looks good. There is a real impact on screen size and usability.

I think everyone should try on the watch and check out both aspects.

R

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I think it's more about what each person likes. I'm 6'5" and 260 but personally I prefer the smaller one. Anyone considering either should try to go see one in person to see which one they like. It's great that they give us the size options.

100% correct. I just thought that the 42mm looked funny on my wrist, but someone else might prefer that look and I could definitely understand why. great having choices for sure!

also I am only 5'9" so i get my weight from my "width"

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
If I were a woman, I would definitely go with the 42mm. It is just so much more appropriate, and with the smaller band, too.

But I am a man. I went with the 46mm because even though I would prefer a smaller watch (I am 5'7" 147lbs), the larger battery was very important because I wanted to use the always-on mode. If you don't care about always on (and turn off that feature), then it won't matter the size or battery capacity, because the battery will last for days on either.

I'm about the same build as you, and the 46mm is perfect, IMO.

Posted via the Android Central App

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Don't forget, this is not just about what looks good. There is a real impact on screen size and usability.

I think everyone should try on the watch and check out both aspects.

R

From what I can tell the only reduction in functionality is the reduced image and font size. Everything is just a little smaller but you aren't actually losing any information.

Posted via the Android Central App

BobLad

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I thought this was a great tip until I saw that both men's sizes are the same on the print-out. Totally useless - thanks for nothing Moto.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
late to the party but I just tried both sizes this week and I definitely like the 46mm much better than the smaller version, face slightly easier to read and the band is wider... Ive gotten about 2 days out of the 46mm with about 20% left before putting it on the charger...I don't have a ton of notifications constantly hammering the watch and I turned off the always on function

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I got the 46mm as well. It's not nearly as big as I thought it would be. Very happy with my decision.
Yeah I agree. The 46mm still actually looks small on my wrist. The 42mm forget it. I actually wish they had like a 50mm or something, but I'm sure I am in the minority there.

Jeff Allen1

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I agree. The 46mm still actually looks small on my wrist. The 42mm forget it. I actually wish they had like a 50mm or something, but I'm sure I am in the minority there.

Hmmm... I got the 46mm black metal Moto360 but this band is cutting off my circulation and I only have a 7.75" wrist size! I see all kinds of videos about removing links ... c'mon!

I'm kind of a small guy but it seems all of these smart watches ... I started with the Gear S2 Classic ... are sized for children. Before I return this I thought the people in this particular thread would have a recommendation as to which smart watches are adult sized.

UPDATE: 30 seconds after posting this, I got up from my chair and stepped on a small envelope with ... you guessed it ... extra links. Does anyone have an "*****" emoticon they can lend me?

Last edited: