Battery life report

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had my 360 (2015) 46mm for a week now. I've been wearing it every day.

I have everything turned on. Tilt to Wake, Wrist Gestures, Always-on Screen, Cloud Sync. All on. Brightness stays on Auto.

I took it off the charger yesterday morning around 7:30am. Last night when I was heading for bed around 11pm, it still said 50% on the battery, so I decided not to charge it over night. I set it on my dresser. I put it back on around 7:30 this morning. Now, at 1:30pm this afternoon, it was down to 5% and I put it on the Qi charger on my desk at work.

That's an actual 30 hours on a charge, with everything on, and normal use. I can definitely live with that.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's awesome! My first-gen one can make it through 2.5 days of normal use but that's turning off tilt to wake, wrist gestures, and definitely not always on. Cloud Sync is on, though.

Only problem is that every time Android Wear updates, battery life goes down the toilet until I factory-reset the watch. Hope it's not the case with the 2015 model, but wouldn't be surprised if it is.

madtrack

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I bought a 46mm 360 (2015) from Best Buy this past Sunday. I charged it overnight and at 9am Monday I turned it on, loaded Android Wear etc - the watch took about 7minutes for updates and "loading 1 of 7" (after which I noticed the watch was pretty warm). The battery after all of this was at 92%.
I used the watch until 10pm and it was down to 53%. I did had always on, tilt to wake and wrist gestures on. At 9am the next morning still at 53% after turing on airplane mode overnight ( not sure why maskedcarrot is loosing so much with watch off per "weird battery issues thread".) I used the watch most of the day and after turning Always-on off ( I prefer this off ) and was down to 23% at 11:30 last night. I still did not charge it and am down to 13% as of 2:30pm today. I have only received about 15 notifications per day but have played around a fair amount loading apps such as Wear launcher. Overall I am impressed by the battery life. It is definitely better than the Gear S2 that I had for 8 days and returned. I am MUCH happier with the Moto 360 (2015).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about the other thread, but I'd recommend trying to format the watch. Even when new, it's a good idea. When I got my 1st-gen replacement it wouldn't last a day without crying for the charger. Factory reset and done! 2.5 days. Then an Android Wear update hit, and it was back to less than a day. Factory reset, and now back to normal.

madtrack

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I will definitely keep that in mind. I rambled per usual but am going on 2 3/4 days and down to 11% on the initial charge. Basically 3 good days of use with the only caveat being Always on turned off for about 60% of that time! I hope it lasts, it is a beautiful watch.

Kris101

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
My 42mm is typically at around 70% when I go to bed at night. That's with everything turned on except for ambient screen, and pretty heavy use notification wise.
So I recon I could easily get a solid two days out of it which I'm more than happy with. It's nice to just be able to use the watch exactly how I want throughout the day, where as with my first gen 360 I was always a bit cautious of running the battery down before bed time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae