Simple Button for Push to Talk from 360 to phone (Droid Maxx with Zello)

kwelch007

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I am a professional developer focused mostly on C/C++/C#/SQL type stuff. (Did some JAVA years ago.) I've only gone so far with Android development as a simple "Hello World" app, and it's been some time since then.

I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro earwig (which of course Zello doesn't support PTT on) but I do have a Moto 360. Zello allows me to define a custom button (basically Volume up or down on the phone) for PTT, but that's about it. I work in an environment where it is difficult to get to my physical phone (clean suit) and would like to find a solution using my watch. I've been scouring the net for an app that would allow me to push a button on my 360 to emulate a button press on my phone, but can't find anything.

I'd write it myself, but I know nothing of the Android API's and messaging systems, let alone Android Wear API's. Surely this would be a trivial app for an experienced Wear developer, and I'm sure I could get the development environment set up, but where to go from there??? I have no idea.

Does anyone know of an app that has this functionality, or even some concise resources that you could point me to so that I could try to rip this app out? I would happily offer it to the public for free...source and all. Or even better, if it's faster, could somebody rip one out real quick? This app would make my life so much easier and seems to be in the spirit of Android Wear.

Thanks!
Kendell

kwelch007

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
It would seem that injecting a "Headset Hook" event on the phone would accomplish what I need. I'm just at a loss as to how to write a background service for the phone to listen on, and a wear app to communicate with it. Not even sure where to start there. Are there any "shell" examples out there for wear apps?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO