Moto 360 Sport release date?

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know when this is going to be released? It's been pretty much radio silence since the announcement.

Posted via the Android Central App

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I was wondring the same, as well as what the price point will be, now that the rollout of the Urbane LTE has been cancelled (still debating if I should return mine). I am also wondering if Sony will release a new version of their smartwatch, since the 3 has issues with GPS cutting out when the wrist its worn on gets sweaty.

dcmarch

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't count on anything Motorola would say. They have it on their website now for over 2 month and no update. Very poor timeline I'm looking at the Samsung s2 now tired of waiting.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't count on anything Motorola would say. They have it on their website now for over 2 month and no update. Very poor timeline I'm looking at the Samsung s2 now tired of waiting.

Honestly, if you are are interested in it for the GPS, I would wait for an AW device. I have the original Samsung Gear S, and the only two apps supporting stand-alone GPS tracking for my runs are sHealth, which takes up to 20 minutes to lock on the GPS signal (fun when standing in the middle of a freezing, snowy trail) and Nike + ... So i started using Nike + with no other options available to me.

AW has much larger developer support, so once the 360 sport is out, Endomondo et al should be updating their apps to support stand-alone GPS tracking. They may have been able to ignore the Sony SW 3, but with two watches on the market, they will have to update.

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Well that is encouraging! I was kinda holding out for the Moto Sport but there hasn't been any news about it since the original announcement months ago! I have the 2nd gen 360 and I absolutely love it, so I'm glad to see a release date for the sport! Hopefully the app devs will catch up and get the apps updated to take advantage of the GPS. Seems like there are only a couple that work with standalone GPS currently.

kmaxima

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, if you are are interested in it for the GPS, I would wait for an AW device. I have the original Samsung Gear S, and the only two apps supporting stand-alone GPS tracking for my runs are sHealth, which takes up to 20 minutes to lock on the GPS signal (fun when standing in the middle of a freezing, snowy trail) and Nike + ... So i started using Nike + with no other options available to me.

AW has much larger developer support, so once the 360 sport is out, Endomondo et al should be updating their apps to support stand-alone GPS tracking. They may have been able to ignore the Sony SW 3, but with two watches on the market, they will have to update.

Endomondo, Runkeeper, etc. all already support standalone GPS on the SW 3 so they haven't ignored anything. I use it all the time. I am however impatiently waiting on the 360 sport as I would love to replace my SW 3 with it.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Endomondo, Runkeeper, etc. all already support standalone GPS on the SW 3 so they haven't ignored anything. I use it all the time. I am however impatiently waiting on the 360 sport as I would love to replace my SW 3 with it.
True, I realized that after my post - could not make them pick up signal on the LG watch originally.

Also very curious about the 360 sport! Does your Smartwatch 3 lose GPS signal when in contact with sweat? A bunch of Amazon reviews point to this being an issue.

kmaxima

May 13, 2010
Visit site
True, I realized that after my post - could not make them pick up signal on the LG watch originally.

Also very curious about the 360 sport! Does your Smartwatch 3 lose GPS signal when in contact with sweat? A bunch of Amazon reviews point to this being an issue.
I've never had that problem. Don't know the amount of sweat that causes that issue but I will say that living in a cooler, drier climate the majority of my running isn't producing a ton of sweat around the watch area.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I've never had that problem. Don't know the amount of sweat that causes that issue but I will say that living in a cooler, drier climate the majority of my running isn't producing a ton of sweat around the watch area.
Thanks. I noticed that I do sweat a bit under my Gear S even in frosty temperatures. Weird place to get sweaty, which I never would have noticed before!