Moto 360 2nd Gen. or Samsung Gear S2?

ET2E

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone-

I've been looking into a smart watch for sometime, and I have narrowed down my selection to two watches: The Moto 360 2nd gen. and the Samsung Gear S2.

I know that the Gear S2 runs Tizen UI and the Moto 360 runs Android Wear UI and I wanted to know for those of you with a Moto 360, how is the UI? How is your battery life? I know that many people have been having different experiences depending on each model they have. Also, for the people that have had their watch a little longer, how is quality? I had a Motorola phone 2 years ago (Droid Razr) and that phone was horrible. Lagged so much, crashed all of the time, the Lithium-ion battery was making the back cover pop up, so I'm very leery when it comes to considering to buy another Motorola product....

Thank you all in advance. Happy Holidays!

Posted with my S5 via the Android Central App

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Let me put it to you this way: I jumped on the original Gear S. Loved it at first, until I started to realize how Tizen's independence from Google really hobbled the experience. Now it sits in a bag, abandoned by both me and Samsung. I see nothing in Tizen, even today, that makes it a compelling alternative to Wear.

But it depends on what you want a smart watch for. If you want a tiny phone on your wrist, get the S2 or an Apple watch. If you want a companion device for your phone, go with Android Wear.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy