kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I doubt Moto is doing anything. This watch is ~2+ years old, Which is an eternity in todays disposable electronic industry.
They are done making whatever $$ they can off it. AFIAK they are not releasing a replacement or new model. Theres no reason to put any effort into product brand promotion, or reputation. So they will just let it die a slow death. The wearable market (or any negativity from it at this point) is not nearly big enough to hurt their reputation. They know this already.

Note8uzer

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I doubt Moto is doing anything. This watch is ~2+ years old, Which is an eternity in todays disposable electronic industry.
They are done making whatever $$ they can off it. AFIAK they are not releasing a replacement or new model. Theres no reason to put any effort into product brand promotion, or reputation. So they will just let it die a slow death. The wearable market (or any negativity from it at this point) is not nearly big enough to hurt their reputation. They know this already.

I totally agree. Upgrading the 2.0 seems like a side project for the company.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Personally I am OK with it remaining 1.5. There is no reason to update this device to 2.0, given its hardware limitations.

>No rotating crown for screen scrolling
>No SIM card connectivity / stand alone (if I want this I am getting a LEMFO LEM5 or Kingwear that uses full-open source Android 5.1... not Android Wear)
>text messaging microscopic keyboard
>Older gen qualcom snapdragon 400

2.0 appears to engineer solutions to problems that don't exist. If you read what others are reporting with the other watches, and the problems they are having, I don't want any of that.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/android-wear/LeQYY8DFiyY

Last edited:

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE 5/13/17:
Moto 360 Gen-2, 46mm
LG-V10 on Marshmallow

For a few days running 1.5 my watch now seems to be fully recovered. I didn't do anything. On a whim I took it off airplane mode from nightstand clock duties. It just all of a sudden started receiving android messages, gmail and phone call notifications. I have no idea how or why this is happening now and not in the preceding months...????

Last night I got a notification for an android wear update to 2.0. I quickly terminated and declined the update before any damage could be done. Not sure how long I can continue this way... continually denying AW updates. But I have turned off auto-updates across the board. Unless there's a way to set updates individually for each app. I'm lucky I caught it.

So far, all continues to be well this morning. While I am happy my watch now works, this does not change my viewpoints overall on Android Wear or my moto 360. Honestly its just too unreliable and unpredictable for a $325 device.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Got it to install here in US. Just keep tapping the check mark. So far so good, seems smooth. Only disappointment is none of the watch faces support complications. I'm going to have to download a watch face that supports them.

Blacknight30

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Worked for me too! Though it was frustrating just seeing the charging screen and no progress bar, wouldn't download unless on charger (even at full charge).

Note8uzer

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I tapped the check mark 100 times, nothing happened, then I got a message to charge the watch to get the update. I'm at 96%, so I'll stay up to see what happens at 100 percent.

Update: The download takes forever (as stated above). The final install once downloaded takes about 5 minutes to install, but it was worth the wait.

Last edited:

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Took a while to install, but everything seems to be working ok. I do like the improvements to the user interface. Have had a chance to test out Google Assistant yet.

One thing I don't like is with the old OS I could turn off the display by clicking the crown button once. Now when I do that, Google Assistant is activated.

Note8uzer

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I have WiFi off, screen only stays on 8 seconds, I do have the ambient screen on for my watch face. (same setting as the 1.5 version), but my battery is draining very fast. I turned off the Okay Google and Google cards and the battery life seems to be okay.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc