Rash forming under watch

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it only skin that's in contact with metal, or is it the band? Has there been any wear and tear on the parts of the watch that seem to be causing the rash? If some protective coating has worn off, it's possible that your skin is reacting to the material underneath.

Does this only happen when your wrist gets sweaty? The moisture and/or heat could lead to rash. It's also possible that your skin has gotten sensitized, in which case there may not be much you can do to avoid it.

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Not only when sweating, metal band in pristine condition, generally where the back of my watch touches my wrist, not just the metal. Probably just a sensitivity issue but very annoying and just randomly started

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you ever clean the back with a disinfectant? Over time with sweat etc. it could develop bacteria you are reacting too. Weird though since the back is glass.I get that from any metals that aren't stainless, gold, silver or tungsten.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've worn my Moto 360 2nd gen for about a year now and I've never had a rash. I wear my watch almost continuously all day (except when I shower or leave it charging for a few hours while I'm at the gym,). Seems you're extra sensitive to the metal backing?

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a mark where the green sensor is. It seems to bother me on some days and have turned off permissions to the sensor to see if that helps. I really dont need to know my heart is still beating anyway.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams