Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Stang68
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 2 Post By ultravisitor
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default The Verge's Josh Topolsky is wearing a Moto 360

    Josh appeared on The Tonight Show and while he didn't even mention the Moto 360, you can clearly see he is wearing on.

    The Verge either has a nice little exclusive like they did with Google Glass or a few big publications have received units to play around with.

    Either way, the fact that journalists have this baby strapped to their wrists means it must be close to completion...maybe. I'm guessing it's out of the prototype phase and the software is just being ironed-out. Looking forward to I/O and whatever feature The Verge is working on!

    NDA...blown.

    Watch Joshua Topolsky make Jimmy Fallon fight a virtual dragon on 'The Tonight Show' | The Verge
    Thanked by 2:
    raju130000Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    25,417 Posts
    Global Posts
    25,860 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: The Verge's Josh Topolsky is wearing a Moto 360

    I know many review sites, AC included, can get devices early so that they can review them before public release. Something I am wondering about is if wearing it on a show like that was an accident?

    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: The Verge's Josh Topolsky is wearing a Moto 360

    I think the funniest thing is that he was there to talk about technology and had one of the more anticipated pieces of tech of this year right on his wrist!

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: The Verge's Josh Topolsky is wearing a Moto 360

    Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    I think the funniest thing is that he was there to talk about technology and had one of the more anticipated pieces of tech of this year right on his wrist!

    Posted via Android Central App
    I actually think it is only anticipated among the tech crowd. Not known among the normies yet.

    Posted via Droid Razr M on The Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: The Verge's Josh Topolsky is wearing a Moto 360

    Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    Josh appeared on The Tonight Show and while he didn't even mention the Moto 360, you can clearly see he is wearing on.

    The Verge either has a nice little exclusive like they did with Google Glass or a few big publications have received units to play around with.

    Either way, the fact that journalists have this baby strapped to their wrists means it must be close to completion...maybe. I'm guessing it's out of the prototype phase and the software is just being ironed-out. Looking forward to I/O and whatever feature The Verge is working on!

    NDA...blown.

    Watch Joshua Topolsky make Jimmy Fallon fight a virtual dragon on 'The Tonight Show' | The Verge
    good catch!!
    just saw the video!
    Thanks for sharing

    Posted via Android Central App
    TI-83 >> HP 12c >> Blackberry Storm (9530) >> HTC Thunderbolt >> Moto X (2nd Gen.) + Moto 360
    עם ישראל חי
  6. #6  

    Default Re: The Verge's Josh Topolsky is wearing a Moto 360

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    I actually think it is only anticipated among the tech crowd. Not known among the normies yet.
    Right. The normal people are waiting for a watch from Apple.
    Thanked by:
    A895 
    A895 and Anthony_NE like this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: The Verge's Josh Topolsky is wearing a Moto 360

    Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Right. The normal people are waiting for a watch from Apple.
    They are because the media keeps hyping it up. The mass media gives Apple so much free press it's ridiculous. Hell, my favorite radio station, which never talks about tech news all of sudden talks about how Apple unveiled iOS 8. But then again Atlanta is iPhone Haven so Apple related news shouldn't have come as a surprise.

    Posted via Droid Razr M on The Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: The Verge's Josh Topolsky is wearing a Moto 360

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    They are because the media keeps hyping it up. The mass media gives Apple so much free press it's ridiculous. Hell, my favorite radio station, which never talks about tech news all of sudden talks about how Apple unveiled iOS 8. But then again Atlanta is iPhone Haven so Apple related news shouldn't have come as a surprise.

    Posted via Droid Razr M on The Android Central App
    Atlanta is iPhone haven? Lol
  9. #9  

    Default Re: The Verge's Josh Topolsky is wearing a Moto 360

    Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    Atlanta is iPhone haven? Lol
    See iPhones all day very day. And if ain't an iPhone it's a Samsung Galaxy device or a prepaid LG/ZTE/Huawei device on MetroPCS.

    Posted via Droid Razr M on The Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: The Verge's Josh Topolsky is wearing a Moto 360

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    See iPhones all day very day.
    To be fair, I think that you'd see iPhones constantly anywhere where people are using smartphones.
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: The Verge's Josh Topolsky is wearing a Moto 360

    Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    To be fair, I think that you'd see iPhones constantly anywhere where people are using smartphones.
    True but the fact is Apple holds, what, maybe 40% of the smartphone market in the U.S. so you will see iPhones a lot but I see them more often in the Atlanta area.

    Posted via Droid Razr M on The Android Central App
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: The Verge's Josh Topolsky is wearing a Moto 360

    That's because it's a major metropolitan area.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  13. #13  

    Default Re: The Verge's Josh Topolsky is wearing a Moto 360

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    See iPhones all day very day. And if ain't an iPhone it's a Samsung Galaxy device or a prepaid LG/ZTE/Huawei device on MetroPCS.

    Posted via Droid Razr M on The Android Central App
    That mix sounds just like what I see every day in NYC!
  14. #14  

    Default Re: The Verge's Josh Topolsky is wearing a Moto 360

    Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    That's because it's a major metropolitan area.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Sounds regional, Taipei was HTC haven and I'm assuming Seoul isn't any different with Samsung and LG.

    Glad to see the Moto 360 doesn't look too big.
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: The Verge's Josh Topolsky is wearing a Moto 360

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Laser View Post
    good catch!!
    just saw the video!
    Thanks for sharing

    Posted via Android Central App
    I think it's a good sign that it blends in that well, the more it looks like a watch the more likely the muggles will be interested in it when it is announced

Similar Threads

  1. Crashing Most of the Apps after 4.4.3 update
    By lanzfernandez in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 10:59 PM
  2. What New Features Can We Expect With The Next Update?
    By music_man185 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 01:47 PM
  3. Unlocked Moto X AT&T (XT1058) 16GB (Olive)
    By someguy01234 in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2014, 09:49 PM

Posting Permissions