Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google I/O: "Moto 360 available later in the summer". Seriously?!?!?

What a blown opportunity....

I signed up on Moto's 360 blog, and have got nothing. And now they can't deliver at Google I/O? The crowd even groaned about that one.

LG GWatch to be available (pre-order?) later today!!!!

Default Re: Google I/O: "Moto 360 available later in the summer". Seriously?!?!?

So what is the big deal with the 360. I'm really interested in the Android Wear, and the LG G watch seems like a good start, but everybody seems to be waiting for the 360. What's the deal?

Default Re: Google I/O: "Moto 360 available later in the summer". Seriously?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Buff View Post
    So what is the big deal with the 360. I'm really interested in the Android Wear, and the LG G watch seems like a good start, but everybody seems to be waiting for the 360. What's the deal?
    Because the Moto 360 is awesome. It has a gorgeous design, and a lot of cool features (for example, wireless charging). I am so hyped for the Moto 360.
    cindave and Evilnut like this.

I'll likely pick up the Gear Live because it looks nicer and is cheaper by $30 than the G watch. Would have gone 360 but likely won't wait until "later this summer"

FUUUUDDGGEE! Late summer, come on Moto. The head google guy was wearing one and that dude from the verge wore one on Jimmy Fallon so this has to be pretty much ready I would think? Damn.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Buff View Post
    Just the beauty of it.

Round for a watch just looks nicer (to me). All the other ones look like what a tech company would think people want, and for most it may. But since this is something you "wear" it should also look nice, and the Moto 360 is the only one that looks good. Again IMHO.

Hoping AC gets a hands on tonight and posts. I've seen posts of some of the other tech sites who got a hands on and they all seem to be super psyched about it although it's just a quick hands on. All say build quality is excellent. Can't wait for this thing!

Because I'm a girl, and I like pretty things...

Seriously though, because everything else, except for maybe the Pebble Steel (I still have yet to see one in person), reminds me of the big black calculator watch I had as a kid. I would like something I can wear in a professional setting that won't look like a toy.
    Thanked by:
    ccw1134 and original00 like this.

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.3/1.4.3/4.1.2

I'm curious about the Moto 360 because it's design is beautiful. As Ladyrapunzel mentioned, I don't really want something that looks like a calculator watch on my arm. I'm also hoping that they put better water protection than IP67 on the watch. I like doing some light water sports, and no offense to LG and Samsung, but IP67 just means you don't have to freak if you wash your hands or get caught in the rain.

Currently I'm pretty happy with my Cogito Classic smart watch. It's not as smart as the pebbles of the world, but it looks a hell of a lot better and has a 100M water rating (I can go swimming with no fear). And with the latest firmware and app updates it's now a much more pleasant experience with my Nexus 5.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Current Devices: Nook HD+ 32GB / Nexus 5 32GB
    Past Devices: Samsung Captivate / Nook Color / Nexus 7 16GB (2012) / Samsung GS2 International

it may be a bit disappointing but at the same time we all should have considered that this could have be the case

You are the only one who knows what she is talking about here.
    But thickness!!! It is huuuge! Almost a centimeter towering on hand - no thanks!
    My Swiss watch, stupid one but my watch, is about 3mm.
    CENTIMETER fat watch can be god for divers not people waring it every day...
    You may heart someone by it when you pass by the person!

Ya that was a big let down but from what I saw with the Android Wear demo, I think I'll pass.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,582 Global Posts

...um. There was no indication that this would launch at Google I/O.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Zift View Post
    You are the only one who knows what she is talking about here.
    But thickness!!! It is huuuge! Almost a centimeter towering on hand - no thanks!
    My Swiss watch, stupid one but my watch, is about 3mm.
    CENTIMETER fat watch can be god for divers not people waring it every day...
    You may heart someone by it when you pass by the person!
    Fat watches aren't that bad. I have a casio i wear regularly that is just over 1.5cm and I never have a problem running into things, etc. It's really not as bad as it sounds or looks with the Moto.

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

Summer....as in late late end of the summer release lol. I'm guessing end of August or so.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10+Trinity

As long as the keep it in "summer" that's mid September at the latest . Android wear looks great but I'm roll with my pebble for now

Posted via Android Central App

I would rather Motorola take their time to get it right than rush it for I/O and end up releasing a really buggy product.
    Thanked by:
    Evoken 
    Evoken likes this.

^^ +1 to ultravisitor. I'm sure Motorola have a very valid reason for missing this opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Aglet View Post
    I'm sure Motorola have a very valid reason for missing this opportunity.
    Well, according to the Tech Crunch hands-on article, Motorola always planned on a launching on their own late August time frame and didn't want to rush the project for the I/O deadline.

I love this site
    "Smartwatches are useless, there's just no point to them, I don't know why anyone would have one...what? the 360 isn't coming out until late summer? I can't possibly wait that long, I'm getting a G watch!"
    Cracks me up.
    But yeah, I won't be happy until this watch starts getting called the One Plus 360
    I customized my signature using Motomaker

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I have a feeling the product is done but they are still ramping up production.

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This is funny, having to wait a couple of months for something of quality & elegant design is so terrible. The reason those other watches are out now it's because they are the same ol' same ol'. They are just another square Nerdy looking smart watch. I can wait a few more months to have the look, features and quality that I want to spend my hard earned money on rather than settling for one of the "look at me I'm first with an uninspiring design" smart watches.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro
    Thanked by:
    cindave and Evoken like this.

I have to agree. Its rivals are on sale, shipping in less than two weeks, and all anyone seems to want to talk about is the Moto 360. Love it or hate it, I have a suspicion that- barring some significant misstep- this thing is going to be huge.
    Evilnut likes this.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I would rather Motorola take their time to get it right than rush it for I/O and end up releasing a really buggy product.
    Exactly, I rather they take their time to get it right and give us a quality product.
    Evilnut likes this.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts

There have been been rumors tossed around that they're waiting to co-launch it at their own event together with the Moto X+1. The X was launched late August last year, so it could be plausible that the refresh is coming up and they want to have their own marketing/press event separate from IO to launch it, since IO is really a developer conference, not a consumer electronics event.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast