Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Default Disappointed

So disappointed that the release date wasn't announced.

Default Re: Disappointed

I don't even mind about the date, I just want a price!

I was more disappointed with the screen design. Not really a full circle, and that dead chunk of wasted screen?!

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    I was more disappointed with the screen design. Not really a full circle, and that dead chunk of wasted screen?!
    So you'd rather have huge bezels all the way around like the lg and Samsung?

probably, yes. once you've seen the dead space, you can't unsee it...
    Nexus 5!
    The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...

twitter.com/indianajonze
    Thanked by:
    Aweso 

I've spent some time thinking about it, and I don't think it bothers me. In fact, I'm not completely sure that I don't kind of like it. The thing already has a lot of roundness; I think making the bezel in the way they did gives it character.
    Thanked by:
    Aweso 

Quote Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post
    probably, yes. once you've seen the dead space, you can't unsee it...
    Exactly. If it was a just an outside bezel, well... but it's right inside the screen! And it's dead! And it doesn't do anything! I'm almost hoping this was only to cover something up they didn't want to show during I/O (like the sticker they had on the back to hide the charging bits).

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

It's in the circle, but not part of the screen technically. They have to put the screen digitizer controls, and sensors somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorak View Post
    It's in the circle, but not part of the screen technically. They have to put the screen digitizer controls, and sensors somewhere.
    How about underneath the screen?

You know what? I think it's more about the expectation build-up. When Android Wear was first announced and the Moto360 dummy render was shown, the images for the 'round' version was that of a FULL circle. Fast Forward to Google I/O and it turns out the 360 is not actually a full circle.

I'll wait until I see one in person. But at least from the pictures, I just can't stop staring at that dark area. At least they should print a logo on it or something...

At least they should print a logo on it or something...
    Hm. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that.

. At least they should print a logo on it or something...
    you work for verizon perchance?
    Nexus 5!
    The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...

twitter.com/indianajonze

Hahaha no :P

And I was thinking more of a subtle "M" logo... something to make it seem more useful than 'it's just a dead chunk of plastic'

Hahaha no :P

And I was thinking more of a subtle "M" logo... something to make it seem more useful than 'it's just a dead chunk of plastic'
    Somewhere I saw an interview where they said that little area holds the display driver and light sensor. Not sure how much of the space the light sensor takes up, but it would certainly mean any logo couldn't cover the whole thing. It does hurt the aesthetic a bit, but IMO it's not that big of a deal. The bottom was probably the best place to put it, though they probably could've done something creative with that area to make it seem like it was on purpose. Trying to make it blend in sort of ends up making it stand out.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

Quote Originally Posted by YAYTech View Post
    Somewhere I saw an interview where they said that little area holds the display driver and light sensor. Not sure how much of the space the light sensor takes up, but it would certainly mean any logo couldn't cover the whole thing. It does hurt the aesthetic a bit, but IMO it's not that big of a deal. The bottom was probably the best place to put it, though they probably could've done something creative with that area to make it seem like it was on purpose. Trying to make it blend in sort of ends up making it stand out.
    in some images (can't find them again, sorry) you can actually see the ambient light sensor, about the same size as it is on most smartphones I think (a bit over 1mm diameter)

the "empty" space doesnt bother me at all. if moto addresses this then yeah cool, but if not, its no biggie for me. 360 is the only wearable i enjoy the most so far aesthetically speaking, it just looks the nicest, imo. and id prefer it with the metal band instead of leather. what i also like about it is the regular face of it, on how its a cool looking watch.

yeah, i hope they have a price soon. any guesses on how much it might be?

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by erinxia View Post
    yeah, i hope they have a price soon. any guesses on how much it might be?
    Moto 360 for $360?!?

I'll be surprised if they price it above $300. Nobody will buy one. I'm expecting something in the $200-$300 range.

Global Posts
    1,205 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am expecting a price of 350-450 to be honest...I will be excited if you are right though.

Quote Originally Posted by zorak950 View Post
    I'll be surprised if they price it above $300. Nobody will buy one. I'm expecting something in the $200-$300 range.

Everyday I just get more and more down on this watch. Rumors about the size, price and battery life have me much less excited than when it was first announced. Also, the wait is ridiculous. That is one thing about Apple I really like....they announce it and it's available. Don't tease me.

I agree! Its like they want to beat the competition to the punch, just to say they did it first, but still it's takes months to deliver. Same thing with apps and pc gaming, I feel I'm always paying to play a beta or for Christ sake an alpha game for that matter and by the time the release is out....... I'm on to the next beta or alpha. Phones and watches are no different we are all paying testers.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Userp222; 07-31-2014 at 12:59 PM.

while I agree that it's usually better to announce a product and release it soon after (before the hype dies down) I think they might have gotten pushed out the door by Google this time, since Google is the one to announce Android Wear not Motorola
    and I'm not sure what people have been hearing about the size and battery life that's really that disappointing

EDIT: seen the rumour I think this was referring now but it sounds like bs since what was shown at Google I/O was supposed to be production hardware and now it's made out of plastic? I doubt this
    Last edited by MojoVersion8; 08-01-2014 at 11:30 AM.

I had the Galaxy Gear watch and really loved it...the battery life was horrible at first but got much better with each update....then tizen was installed and at least I could last the day without a charge, the watch charged quickly anyway. So im sure as they tweak the os battery life will get better over time.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm already budgeting for it to be $360. I just hope it comes out in late August.

Any idea yet when this is getting released? Os is it just vaporware?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast