A little better than the moto 360

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
My thoughts:
Thick as heck
Can't change watch face
Is it using android wear?(cuz its the sh*t)
Expensive ( a guess)

Posted via Android Central App

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
So I guess everyone else wants a smart watch that looks like a toy made of cheap plastic, can't change the battery so when the battery can't hold a charge anymore you are azz out of over $300.00. All this because you can't change the face of the watch????

Sent From My Beast The Note3

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I like the Moto 360 style; I don't think it's cheap-looking at all. And knowing me by the time its battery wore out I'd have upgraded anyway. I'm not committing to anything until I see it for myself, but it's Motorola's money to lose at this stage.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
What I see is a computer rendering. An interesting concept, but I'm pessimistic about seeing this as anything more than a concept anytime soon. I also see no need for mechanical innards in a watch (especially a smartwatch). Yes, they are neat, but they exist solely as a gimmick. They add to weight and complexity for one purpose - to give the owner something shiny to look at.

*edit* I see they are doing a pre-order. For a product that they don't have a working pre-production model for, from a non-established company. Talk about risky...

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
If that is ever a real product, I'll buy it, and I don't care how much it costs. Shut up. Take my money. Make me new models for next year. I might buy one of those, too.

I love real, analog watches. I'm wearing one right now, and I'm going to miss it when I get my Moto 360. I can't even begin to tell you how much the idea of this watch, or one like it makes me happy. As for changing the watch face, that's why people buy multiple watches. It is a piece of jewelry, and I'm ok with buying several to fit the occasion. That was another thing that I was going to miss with the Moto 360. I'm already wanting two of these. The MSW 115_C and SSW 158_G.

Having said that, I'll wait to see it for real before pulling the trigger. I'd love to get the discount, but I don't want to gamble. They claim demo units should be available by October. If so, we will see some reviews. If not, we can keep hoping. In the mean time, I'm waiting on the Moto 360 and hoping to see more smart watch designs in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam