Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Neibl
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

LiveLeak.com - Moto 360 early review

First one I've seen. This was up on YouTube for a hot second before they took it down.

The reviewer claims she had to charge the watch twice a day. Could that be right?

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/ Franco Kernal

Default Re: Moto 360 Reviews

Th at just can't be true!

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

I was going to post the same thing. I saw Joanna Stern post her video review. Twice a day?? Why would they even release something that required it to be charged so often? That's an INSTANT fail.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

My only assumption on why she would need to charge it twice is cuz she was prolly using it constantly to see how it works. Having used a gwatch for a month it is conceivable. I would like to see everyday battery life. I will still be ordering or picking it up at best buy tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by monkmullen View Post

First one I've seen. This was up on YouTube for a hot second before they took it down.

The reviewer claims she had to charge the watch twice a day. Could that be right?

Uh Oh....somebody's going to be in trouble for breaking embargo!

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/ Franco Kernal

I think we just need to use common sense here. Would Motorola release a smartwatch that you'd need to charge twice a day? No. What does that mean anyway? You wake up, go about your day, and around 2pm you have to charge. Take it off the charger at 330pm at best and then have to recharge again at 7 /8 pm just to pull it off the charger to go to bed a few hours later ? Doesnt add up to me. I think worse case scenario is it would have to be recharged late afternoon with heavy use, and that alone would be enough to stop me from buying.

Quote Originally Posted by dhawk1202 View Post
    I think we just need to use common sense here. Would Motorola release a smartwatch that you'd need to charge twice a day? No. What does that mean anyway? You wake up, go about your day, and around 2pm you have to charge. Take it off the charger at 330pm at best and then have to recharge again at 7 /8 pm just to pull it off the charger to go to bed a few hours later ? Doesnt add up to me. I think worse case scenario is it would have to be recharged late afternoon with heavy use, and that alone would be enough to stop me from buying.

Well.... The same goes for phones. Every try using a galaxy s3 and not have to charge mid day? Used to go one hour off a charge and my battery would be below 80%. Always had to charge mid day and at night.

Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

If somehow tech blogs have had the 360 for a couple days, then maybe this review would be more legit. But if this is the first day of them having it, then there is no way I can trust it.

Quote Originally Posted by monkmullen View Post

Thanks, here's another review...
    LiveLeak.com - Motorola Moto 360 Hands On - Android Wear Smartwatch at IFA 2014
    TI-83 >> HP 12c >> Blackberry Storm (9530) >> HTC Thunderbolt >> Moto X (2nd Gen.) + Moto 360
    עם ישראל חי

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Laser View Post
    That video was pretty messed up for me. The audio kept repeating sections over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
    That video was pretty messed up for me. The audio kept repeating sections over and over again.
    Haha same here! I said it's either late and I'm tired or this dudes video didn't compress the right way

TI-83 >> HP 12c >> Blackberry Storm (9530) >> HTC Thunderbolt >> Moto X (2nd Gen.) + Moto 360
    עם ישראל חי

Global Posts
    4,622 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The two worst reviews ever. The one with the woman was nicely produced but her review just seemed to have a bit of Apple bias to it. Oh well, won't be too long before we get the good reviews.

Global Posts
    4,622 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Here's the review from The Verge.

Moto 360 review | The Verge

He seems to like it mostly but also says that the battery life is only around 12 hours...
    Thanked by:

The Verge review says battery sucks

i am will wait for G Watch R
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I was already on the fence due to the size of the watch, but the battery issue could be a deal breaker, especially if there's no way to charge via micro USB. This sucks.

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

I'm going to buy this and then battery ain't no issue no more for me, charge my phone and watch on the go haha.

Safe link to amazon btw, i think i'm supposed to say something like that right?
    Thanked by 2:
    Green_Laser likes this.

The lg g watch's screen stays on all the time right? If so, how long does the battery last on it

Posted via the Android Central App