Moto 360 Other Qi Chargers Compatability?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Will the Moto 360 work with other Qi Chargers if I decide to buy another one? Say one for my phone, can I charge the Moto 360 with it too?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Other Qi Chargers Compatability?

Yes I believe that was the whole point of being Qi charger compatible.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for clarifying...this is my first time using a Qi charger and wanted to confirm

davinwv

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

If/when you swap the leather band for metal, I assume you will have to loop the metal band around a slab-style Qi charger, or behind something like the Tylt Vu Qi charger. My understanding is that Qi and metal don't mix.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

If/when you swap the leather band for metal, I assume you will have to loop the metal band around a slab-style Qi charger, or behind something like the Tylt Vu Qi charger. My understanding is that Qi and metal don't mix.

Metal band watches I've had in the past could all be flipped inside-out, so that may be an option for setting it on a flat charger, rather than having to figure out how to get the band around the charger.

scotth23

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Anyone used the original Nexus 4 wireless charger?

I've read some reports where the watch was getting extremely hot with third party chargers, to the point of locking up on one user and not responding.

Posted via the Android Central App

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Anyone used the original Nexus 4 wireless charger?

I've read some reports where the watch was getting extremely hot with third party chargers, to the point of locking up on one user and not responding.

I used it this morning to charge. The watch did get very hot, but I took it off after about 20 mins because I couldn't wait any longer to play with it! Seems to be working fine after.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

I've used the Samsung wireless charger (newest model) and initially it works but after maybe 20-30 min, it seems to just charge intermittently and also starts getting warm.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I think there might be something to the watch and charger coil orientation that could be very important. The stock charge's design does reduce the ways someone can position it. So it might be a good idea to connect the wrist band and use it to prop it up on it's side for the avg Qi charger pad.

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I read this from the Motorola website / Help Topics:

Use only the Motorola wireless charging dock and power adapter that come with your Moto 360. The Motorola charging system has circuitry that protects the battery from damage from overcharging.
Using a different wireless charging dock or power adapter may damage your watch's battery and may cause burning and injury.

Um so it's qi standard but not really? So confused...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad