Won't Charge Past 85%...

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? Mine won't charge above 85%. Unit seems to get really hot as well at 85%. I thought I had some random rebooting, but I think that was just the software updating. Now I will say I was trying to charge with my Nokia Charging Pad, I didn't try it with the Motoroloa packed in charger, as I am not sure I am keeping the device or not. I tried restarting it a few times, and it won't charge when turned off, so that isn't an option.

Y2J

raju130000

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? Mine won't charge above 85%. Unit seems to get really hot as well at 85%. I thought I had some random rebooting, but I think that was just the software updating. Now I will say I was trying to charge with my Nokia Charging Pad, I didn't try it with the Motoroloa packed in charger, as I am not sure I am keeping the device or not. I tried restarting it a few times, and it won't charge when turned off, so that isn't an option.

Y2J

I had the same issue, I found out the watch was not sitting right on the charger, I repositioned the base n put the watch on it and it's 100% since then.

Posted via Android Central App

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I thought I've put the watch in the right position. But it does heat up when it sits there. I have also charged it in my car and I can hit 100% it's odd that it does stop at 85%. Im thinking that there is not enough power being drawn for the AC adapter. It may need a 2.0 (Tablet charger) since that is what i am having success with. 1.2 is not cutting it.

Update: I used my little girls hair tie to make sure that the watch was cradled and i still got to 85%. I called Motorola and they escalated my issue to the team that is gathering info about issues.

Last edited: