What's your thoughts on Moto 360 vs Apple Watch?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So I finally had time to watch the whole keynote today, and I must say, this was probably one of the best ones Apple had since the launch of the original iPhone. The believers were on their feet clapping when they watch was introduced.

There's no beans about it, that thing can do more than Android Wear can, at least for now. The build quality is typical Apple, everything is smooth as silk. No mention of battery life of course, but the release is a few months away yet, so can't fault them too much for that. Anyways, does that watch do too much? If it depends on the iPhone to be around, why would I bother looking at pictures on that tiny screen? The sending of cutesy animated smiles, hands, and even hand drawn stuff and sending someone your heartbeat....uhm...the teens and newly in love crowd will love it I am sure. The thing seems extremely capable and, I hate to say it, makes Android Wear and the Moto 360 look like yesterdays news already, or does it? At a hundred bucks more (starting price) would you switch platforms?

matics

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Switching platforms would cost more than the Benjamin cost difference between the watches. I'd need an iPhone and a whole set of new apps. No thanks. I'm sticking with Android because I think it is the better platform.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Have you seen the Apple Watch in action....? I think they're doing too much with it....will be interesting to see how that develops and how Google will react to it. In the last few years as Android rose to power, all of Apples "innovations" were copies from Android, this year marks the first year when they finally had something new to show.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Too busy for me. Its very Samsung like only a little messier. I like where Android Wear is going. And Tue design of the 360 is prettier to me. As far as whatever is running on the Apple Watch it needs to be simplified, otherwise you will have people fidgeting with their wrist for ten minutes just to initiate a call or do something simple. It's not intuitive and doesn't feel like iOS to me.

Posted via the Android Central App

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure about that side scroll knob/button. I will want to hear from some reviewers to see if it is easily to unintentionally activate it. Plus in traditional Apple style the bands are proprietary and likely going to be over-priced. The UI looks alot better then Android wear but does not look finger tip friendly at all. But it is still pretty far off and likely to change before release.

anDAOroid

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I think Android Wear and Moto 360 is headed in the right direction.
There is just WAY too much going on with the Apple Watch that it makes no sense whatsoever. Cook started by saying there's no point slabbing an iPhone on your watch... But to me, that's exactly what this new watch does. It looks horrid too. Like a first gen iPhone.
Wearables should maintain simplicity and elegance. I think the only watch that does that now is the Moto 360.
I never thought I'd say this, but this is the first time I didn't want an Apple product. Granted the iPhone 6 is beautiful, as always. But the Watch is just underdeveloped.
Steve Jobs must be rolling in his grave...

Quad150db

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I think there will be a big surprise in pricing for the apple watch. Yes "starting" at 349.99 however comes in 2 sizes 38mm and 42mm so I am sure the larger will be an up fee.. Then you have 3 different materials Aluminum, stainless and 18k gold and 6 different band types. Knowing apples model I think that 349 is more marketing to seem competitive than what people will actually be paying.

Anyone looking at the Apple watch should be expecting 349 +++

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I called and ran around for 2 days and finally got my hands on a Moto 360, which I was extremely happy about. On Tuesday afternoon it felt dated.

That's what I think of what Apple announced.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I called and ran around for 2 days and finally got my hands on a Moto 360, which I was extremely happy about. On Tuesday afternoon it felt dated.

That's what I think of what Apple announced.

Same here, I was luckily able to get in an online order through Best Buy, but I am disappointed with the 360 so far. It's nice to be able to get notifications on my watch but it is nothing more than Google Now Cards popped up on your wrist, which is exactly what Google Glass was...Frankly it feels kind of cheap, and the bezel is already showing signs of wear, and I sit in an office 90% of my work day.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Not very appealing in terms of design
and I wont even talk about the price of it...over over priced
The battery life is about the same as the Moto 360 (daily charge)

morrisdl

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I think this "Apple Watch" looks better, probably a longer battery, and much cheaper too:
silver-metal_brighter-wht.jpg

Apples and oranges, but they had this 4 years ago including:

-LOTS of watch faces, even the Mickey Mouse one

iPodnano.watches.100411.001.jpg

-On board music storage/playback with headphones and FM tuner
-Nike+ fitness tracking

They haven't evolved very far other than adding bluetooth and couple more sensors.

Analogy

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I traveled 2 hours to a best buy just to get the Moto 360. After the announcement I sold my 360 and am going back to iPhone. The big feature that got me was the microphone. I used a galaxy gear for awhile but tired of using Samsung phones. Since having the 360 for all of 3 days I really miss that feature. I can live with iPhone only but not Samsung only. I do admit I much prefer the design of the 360 but the UI imo is still clunky. As I have read on many android sites android wear is still half baked.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I think that by the time the Apple Watch can actually be bought, Android Wear will be better than it is today. It'll still revolve around a superior notification system, but there will be a dedicated app drawer with the same apps that Apple Watch has, if not more. It is half baked right bow because in October when L is released it will be ready for developers. I'll stick with Android Wear. It may actually be available on iOS as well.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have to say, Apple can sell ice to an Eskimo. They even got me excited in all the hype there. It was interesting at the end when Tim cook asked everyone involved in these products to stand up and half the room got up. The room was full with Apple employees.... Weird, anyways. I also touched that in the "interest of time" he didn't do any updates, well maybe because I pad sales are decreasing and certain metrics favor Android.

But yes, after sleeping on seeing that circus act, my head is clearer again. I can now laugh again at the rather low resolution of the iPhone 6 and the "welcome to last year" resolution on the iPhone 6 plus.

They really pulled a Samsung on the watch cramming it full of weird features, no doubt to attract the younger buyers. And yes, proprietary bands and outrageous prices (who knows how much the gold plated watch will cost) all on a product that will be upgraded a year from now.

Oh, and it's ugly too. Fine craftsmanship but still ugly.

It misses what a watch is all about, why would we look at the map and zoom around with the crown when the owner of the watch has to have an iPhone with a much larger screen with them.

Can't wait to see how that pans out and I am really curious to see what else Google has in store for Android wear besides what has been announced already.

Posted via Android Central App

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
So I finally had time to watch the whole keynote today, and I must say, this was probably one of the best ones Apple had since the launch of the original iPhone. The believers were on their feet clapping when they watch was introduced.

There's no beans about it, that thing can do more than Android Wear can, at least for now. The build quality is typical Apple, everything is smooth as silk. No mention of battery life of course, but the release is a few months away yet, so can't fault them too much for that. Anyways, does that watch do too much? If it depends on the iPhone to be around, why would I bother looking at pictures on that tiny screen? The sending of cutesy animated smiles, hands, and even hand drawn stuff and sending someone your heartbeat....uhm...the teens and newly in love crowd will love it I am sure. The thing seems extremely capable and, I hate to say it, makes Android Wear and the Moto 360 look like yesterdays news already, or does it? At a hundred bucks more (starting price) would you switch platforms?
People are always on their feet at Apple events, that does not constitute that the watch is great.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Not very appealing in terms of design
and I wont even talk about the price of it...over over priced
The battery life is about the same as the Moto 360 (daily charge)

Did I miss the part where they disclosed the battery life?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
You're cattle as well, just part of a different herd.

True but I hope my point was not missed. That the cattle(audience) have shepherds(planted Apple employees) to drive them to a certain goal.

Super common marketing tactic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781