Does the pixelated display bother you?

What do you think of the display?

• Total voters

anDAOroid

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
So I'm supposed to be receiving my Moto 360 today and am excited. I thought I'd regret the impulse purchase when the Apple Watch was revealed, but I thought it was hideous. The Ars Technica article made me a big frustrated that Motorola would use such an old and antiquated processor, but hopefully it won't be too painful of an experience...

My one concern was the display. I get that once the novelty dissipates, we won't be staring at it for much. But that just sounds like an excuse. After years of using "retina" displays and crisp screens, I was wondering whether I'd be annoyed at seeing pixels when I look at my Moto 360...

Any thoughts or comments from those who have been using it? Is it really as bad as some people say it is? Or is it still crisp enough to enjoy? I guess 205 ppi isn't too bad...

vlkers7171

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
First I just want to say that I'm admittedly, not a pixel peeper. I would love to watch everything at 4K, but if I have to watch a 720p or even 480p download, I can watch it without being annoyed. Much like the 720p MotoX display, up close you're going to notice pixels, but its not distracting to me. I don't think its nearly as bad as some blogs are making it out to seem. The screen, at least on mine, is nice and rich in color and the pixels aren't anything that drive me crazy when I quickly check the time. I don't view my watch from a few inches away, theres more distance..its on my wrist after all.

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I can deal with it. Pixel density is almost as high as the Macbook Pros with Retina Display (205 vs. 220 ppi). It's about the same pixel density as the original Nexus 7, higher than the iPhone 3GS, and much higher than the iPad 1 and 2. I would be even happier with the device if it had a super high res screen without any other sacrifices, but a higher res screen would likely reduce battery life and outdoor visibility, both of which are more important. Honestly, it looks fine to me. It's a watch. I'm not looking at photos or reading small text on web pages with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz