Moto360 w/Nexus 7 Doesn't Vibrate

mvd7793

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I received my Moto360 today and connected it to my Nexus 7 v2 (my only Android device). The watch receives notifications as my tablet does, but it hasn't ever vibrated (including when turning on, notifications, when turning on/off silent like the LG G watch does, etc).

The tablet is not on silent and has the volume cranked up all the way. The watch does not have notifications muted, and in the Android Wear app it's set to "Alert on watch and phone". No apps are under Mute app notifications.

Any ideas?

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
"Your watch may vibrate for notifications, and it uses the notification settings you have for each app on your phone. If your phone vibrates or makes a sound for a notification, your watch will vibrate. If your phone doesn't make a sound or vibrate, you'll still see a card on your watch, without a vibration."

That's from the official Android Wear FAQ.

mvd7793

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. I called Motorola, mentioned the tablet, and they think the vibration motor is broken. (It would have vibrated powering on or changing from "do not disturb" to visual notifications, which it doesn't do either). They're going to send a replacement. We'll see if it works. Thanks for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol