Moto 360 Dead On Arrival?

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Got it this morning. Set up went fine, then it turned off after asking to be charged. Put it on the charger, saw it had charged to 30% after maybe 20 minutes. I came back to it 20 mins later to see it showing 0%, while still on the charger. When I picked it up it turned off. Now I can't turn it on anymore. Had it on the charger for 30 minutes. Nothing (i.e. doesn't show the charge status and time, and doesn't respond to pressing the power button, even for a long time). Is it toast?

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked the micro USB connection into the charger? When I got mine it wasn't charging, I realized the USB wasn't connecting. I unplugged it and then plugged it back in and my Moto started charging. There's a little white light on the bottom front of the charger, make sure it lights up when you dock the 360

Posted via the Android Central App

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It's charging now. I realized that I needed to turn the screen off while charging, since it is draining faster than charging when it's on.

However at 57% I still can't use the watch. When I take it off there's a persistent sign saying that it needs to be charged.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
It's charging now. I realized that I needed to turn the screen off while charging, since it is draining faster than charging when it's on.

However at 57% I still can't use the watch. When I take it off there's a persistent sign saying that it needs to be charged.

Gotta say, it's pretty hilarious that this is even possible on a brand spanking new product.

@T-Mobile GN3

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I think it needs to be charged 100% before use, that kinda baffled me but once you charge it 100% once u don't need to wait anymore

Tarik Hayward

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Just got mine today, having a similar issue. First thing I did was put it on the charger. Then it booted up, told me to set up with Wear app on phone. After connecting, it started downloading the update. At this time, I noted the battery was at 35%. By the time it was done downloading, the battery had drained 20% and it said to charge the battery. As you mentioned the battery must be 80% to install update, I knew this, so I let it sit and charge. Within 10 min after that the battery had drained to 0 and the watch turned off. Now it's been sitting dead on the charger for at least 3 hours. In that time, twice it has turned on and booted to the charging screen, showing 0% and not increasing, for about five minutes before shutting off again. The light on the charger has been on the whole time and I've tried using the power button to turn it on manually. Also, it's getting pretty warm.

Last edited:

Tarik Hayward

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Wow, not five minutes after posting, I tried turning it on again, and now it's staying on, on the charge screen, saying 10%. Fingers crossed it goes up and not down.