I hate paper launches

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
So, my local best Buy stores have gotten 25 watches, between 12 stores, for the week. This is just sad. I must say, my impulse to buy is gone, and I am gonna wait for the Zen to come out, the iWatch, or the Samsuck round one.

Anyone else feel like this? I mean, really, why did they even announce it on sale when they did with such a tiny amount of stock to sell? The best product in the world, is actually worthless, if consumers can't get it. You learn that in any 100 level economy class in any community college in America.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
So, my local best Buy stores have gotten 25 watches, between 12 stores, for the week. This is just sad. I must say, my impulse to buy is gone, and I am gonna wait for the Zen to come out, the iWatch, or the Samsuck round one.

Anyone else feel like this? I mean, really, why did they even announce it on sale when they did with such a tiny amount of stock to sell? The best product in the world, is actually worthless, if consumers can't get it. You learn that in any 100 level economy class in any community college in America.

I'm not an impulse buyer and don't buy with emotion so I'll just wait and when it comes it comes. I currently have a Pebble so I'm not missing much waiting for the 360.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice if they had enough for everyone, but if they'd delayed the launch to build up stock, then people would just be complaining about that instead. All things considered, I think Moto made the right call to launch sooner.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Like zorak950 said, there's no way to please everyone. Unfortunately, this type of stock situation is much more common than you realize. In many cases, it applies to the third party retailers much more than the manufacturer. For example, I was working for Cingular/AT&T when the original iPhone was launched. My store (a fairly busy one) received only 20 iPhones for launch day (IIRC, it was five of the 4 GB model and 15 of the 8 GB model). We had a line running from our store out the main entrance of the mall and only had 20 in stock. You can imagine the disappointment and anger of many of those people. The warehouse was gracious enough to replenish us with TWO more the following morning. Meanwhile, our nearby Apple store had hundreds of each model. This is just one example. I've seen similar launch woes with many other products.

Just wanted to make it clear that this isn't exclusive to Motorola.

taxmandan

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I think the solution is to not offer a product for sale until you have the ability to meet the demand. I'm sure that the only reason they released the product now is because they are trying to get it out there ahead of the Apple Watch. It is just irritating.

datagrrl

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
What is the right level, and who is everyone? I work in predictive analytics. I am good, but I can never tell you the exact number of people who are going to buy. You can complain all day but few people (in the scheme of things) aren't buying because of supply.

Posted via the Android Central App