Ordered from Best Buy on Sept 9, no ETA from BB...Update: DELIVERED!

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a silver one from Best Buy on September 9th, a week ago, and was told it would be delivered in 3-5 days. I just had a chat with BB corporate and they say there are no watches in inventory and my order is awaiting new shipment from Motorola. They have no ETA as to when new shipment will arrive. Could be a long wait.

Last edited:

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: Ordered from Best Buy on Sept 9, no ETA from BB

Yeah, the Moto watches are scarce. When we got some in they were sold within an hour.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm also hearing tales of Best Buy employees buying them before they hit the floor. Maybe that's why there are a ton of them on eBay in the $500 price range.

Machoua Yang

May 7, 2013
Visit site

What that's crazy. I ordered mine monday from best buy website. I guess they had some in Stock. ETA will be this Friday. Hope you get yours soon.

Posted via the Android Central App

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

I'm also hearing tales of Best Buy employees buying them before they hit the floor. Maybe that's why there are a ton of them on eBay in the $500 price range.
That stinks.

We only had one employee at my store buy one but he actually wears his.

thebourbonnflip

May 23, 2011
Visit site

I ordered day of on Google play with so date of 9-22 and on BB sept 12.... Both gray and both shipped and came in this past Monday... Now I have an extra one....

oxygenmaker

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site

I ordered mine Sunday 9-14, and today's tracking info says will be delivered by the end of Wednesday 9-17! When I ordered it the checkout said delivery 9-18 -- 9-23.

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

I ordered my silver one from Best Buy on the 5th, received it last Thursday.

digitard

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

I ordered mine on the 11th from BB (black, though)
Shipped the next day according to them, but tracking shows it actually shipped yesterday.
Delivery is showing as tomorrow.

I got in during that 30min window where both were showing available on BB's site last Thursday.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm the OP, here's an update...

On a lark I called the local Best Buy to ask them if they had any update on delivery. They put me on hold and then came back and said, "It's here, ready for pickup." Needless to say I jumped into my car (it's 111 degrees here in the San Fernando Valley) and rushed over to pick it up. I still haven't received an email that it was delivered and I have no idea why Best Buy corporate couldn't tell me that it was at the store waiting for me to pick it up.

It's sitting on my desk on my phone's Qi charger at 21%. I expect it to take an hour or two to get to 80% for the update to install that it downloaded.

Without using it my first impression is that it's lighter and smaller than I expected. And the display is very pretty.

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine last Thursday...did the express delivery...received it the next day!!! Super fast! And I love it!

Posted via Android Central App

fazzman

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered mine in store on the 13th. No eta was given. Will get a email when it arrives in store and ready for pickup.

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get the last one at my local BB yesterday and I'd have to agree with the OP. This is much smaller and lighter than I expected. I'm not sure why everyone is having such a problem with the size.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered mine in store on the 13th. No eta was given. Will get a email when it arrives in store and ready for pickup.

I never received an email that it was at the store. The only way I found out was by calling them daily.

fazzman

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I never received an email that it was at the store. The only way I found out was by calling them daily.

I did a in store pre order. Basically you give bb $25 to hold one for you when they do get one in. Was told once it arrives at the store they will send me an email when it's ready for pickup.