Coming from Pebble, help me find apps

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had a Pebble since last December and had some very useful apps. I'm looking for comparable Android Wear apps. If you can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

1, Music Boss. This was an app that found all of the music apps on my phone (Pandora, Milk, Play Music, Beyond Pod, etc.). It then let me choose, from the watch, which app to play. It also let me jump to next song or go back to previous song, pause, increase/decrease volume. It was nice to be able to change from Milk to Pandora while driving without having to touch the phone. Is there a similar app for Android Wear?

2. Pebble Locker. This app kept my phone unlocked while the Pebble was connected to the phone. If it got out of range from the phone it required a pin number to unlock the phone. Additionally I could lock the phone from the watch even if it was in range. That way if someone grabbed my phone I could turn it off and lock them out. Pebble Locker works with Android Wear but I can't lock the phone from the watch like I can with Pebble.

Thanks for any help you can give.

thebourbonnflip

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing here.....
1. Music Boss for Android Wear which is in the play store you can get.
2. Pebble Locker is compatible with Android Wear (Android L version will supposedly get native support)

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing here.....
1. Music Boss for Android Wear which is in the play store you can get.
2. Pebble Locker is compatible with Android Wear (Android L version will supposedly get native support)

Thanks for the info. Pebble Locker does the basic lock/unlock task but I can't "force lock" the phone from my watch like I can with Pebble.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Pebble Locker does the basic lock/unlock task but I can't "force lock" the phone from my watch like I can with Pebble.

There are a few apps that allow you to launch Tasker tasks from Android Wear. Assuming you have Tasker (which you definitely should!) you could create a task which uses the "Secure Settings" Tasker plugin to lock the screen.

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site
You could try just turning off the watch or turning on Airplane Mode. That would simulate it going out of range. With the "Turn off screen on disconnect" and "Require unlock on reconnect" options enabled and having the screen lock immediately after being turned off, it would accomplish what you need.

It's less than ideal but it works. Hopefully they get that functionality baked in to Wear at some point.

It's less than ideal

Posted via Android Central App