New Moto 360 Owner Curiosity

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey All!

Do any forum members have both the Samsung Gear and the Moto 360? Which do you prefer and why? I just purchased the 360 and while I have been enjoying life with my 360, I wonder what the Samsung Gear is like to live with. If you have both or had both, can you tell me:

Which functions better?

Which offers a better user experience? (I know that this is going to be different person to person)

I love the design/style of the 360 and wasn't really too keen on the Gear due to the band and the way it sat elevated on my wrist but I did almost purchase it instead.

I guess I am just trying to assure myself I made the right purchase. I still have 28 days to return the watch to Best Buy but don't want to return it and then realize that returning it was a mistake.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Posted via the Android Central App

studiozut

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I only have the 360 but the key differences for me are:

Better visibility in sunlight for 360
Ambient light sensor in 360 means I don't burn my cornea in a dark room
360 can't do 'always on' without killing the battery (haven't actually tried it, but that's what they say)
360 has a shorter battery life (though I'm getting 20 hours each day so far)
The look of it is a matter of personal taste, but I love how the 360 looks

Posted via Android Central App

aqwesd

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I have both. My Phone is an S5. I will say that there are more features with my gear 2 such as s health integration and when I use svoice to set an alarm, it sets it on the phone vs using Google voice on the watch just sets the alarm on the watch and not the phone. I see it as the gear lives in the Samsung ecosystem and the Moto 360 lives in the Google ecosystem if that makes sense. Battery life is better on the gear.

studiozut

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
That's interesting. Is the hardware the same for the Gear 2 and Gear Live?

I have both. My Phone is an S5. I will say that there are more features with my gear 2 such as s health integration and when I use svoice to set an alarm, it sets it on the phone vs using Google voice on the watch just sets the alarm on the watch and not the phone. I see it as the gear lives in the Samsung ecosystem and the Moto 360 lives in the Google ecosystem if that makes sense. Battery life is better on the gear.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
The moto 360 and as far as I heard the Sony smart watch 3 are THE best android wear watches in sunlight and after the most recent update performance is very good IMO it's the only android wear watch( that and maybe the Sony smart watch 3) are the only ones worth your time if you want a cheaper android wear watch I recommend the LG g watch or the gear live

Posted via Nexus 7 2013 or verizon Galaxy S5 or maybe one day through my moto 360

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I have both and to be perfectly honest, Samsung Gear 2 functionality is better than early build Android wear atm.
Everyone exp will be different but in my case Gear 2 remote IR blaster is really useful (esp when you have kids playing around and hide the TV remotes)
Battery life is much better on Gear 2, and being able to receive or place phone calls on your watch is great especially when you're driving.
Notifications look much better on Moto 360 and I do like having google map on my wrist buzzing for directions.

Gear 2 user exp is better in my case, but Moto 360 beautiful design makes me overlook it's downside and wear it daily. I ended up giving Gear 2 to my wife to replace her Gear Fit, and so far she loved it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463