OK GOOGLE to Moto 360 vs Moto X (1st generation)

EBruce

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I've had a Moto X 1st generation thru Verizon for a while now. Use it with a Plantronics Voyager Legend bluetooth. Love using "OK google now" to get things done.
Just got a Moto 360 smartwatch, which responds to "OK google".
Problem is, so does the phone!
How can I differentiate between them, to control which device I'm trying to reach?

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that how its supposed to work?
The watch is just an extension of the phone, no?
Posted with my MotoX, no case needed.

EBruce

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Well yes and no. More experimentation got me the solution. I now know how to control which device will respond.
When the watchface is "alive", saying "OK google" gets the watch's attention.
But when the watchface is dark, saying the same thing ("OK google" with or without the "now") gets the phone's attention.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
You can always turn off touch less control on the phone or retrain the launch phrase. My X rarely if ever responds to OK Google without the now.

Posted via Android Central App

studiozut

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Voice command question: My wife's moto X shows her (well, reads her) any notifications present in the notification bar when she says "ok google notifications" -- how can I do this on the 360? It just pulls up search results for all the variations I've tried so far.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I believe that feature (I use the "What's Up" command) is part of touchless control, "Moto Voice". The 360, though a Motorola product has stock Google Wear software.

studiozut

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I believe that feature (I use the "What's Up" command) is part of touchless control, "Moto Voice". The 360, though a Motorola product has stock Google Wear software.

That makes sense, thanks!
Does any know if there's any other way to pull up notifications? I can get it to give me calendar events, upcoming appointments, which is great, but I want to be able to look at any notifications in the notification drawer of my phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513