Text Messages - How Do You Reply

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just received moto 360 and I get a notification on the watch that a new message was received. If I swipe it right or left, the card goes away with no opportunity to reply. What am I missing?

Posted via Android Central App

bunsen

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I had to switch to using Hangouts for SMS, then swiping right gives the option to reply.

Posted via the Android Central App

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Just got a text in Hangouts. Swipe up,swipe left 2 times and reply shows up. Figure out what you want to say before you tap reply, it happens pretty quick. Got my Moto 360 last night so it's all new to me. :D

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I use an app called Textra which provides "Reply" and "Mark as Read" options when you swipe left.

Also EvolveSMS provides these options; however I'm currently experiencing a bug with it where it sends 3 duplicate text messages when you reply via the watch. So for now Textra is my go-to SMS app.

When I can't reply via voice (like in meetings), I use Wear Quick SMS which allows me to set up canned responses that I can select on the watch.

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
So... Wear Messenger... Is a good one for replying on ur watch. I use a note 3....wouldn't let me reply... So I downloaded Chomp.... Let's u reply with voice. So again... WEAR messenger let's u reply via voice or preset replies. Let me know what u think!

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Also EvolveSMS provides these options; however I'm currently experiencing a bug with it where it sends 3 duplicate text messages when you reply via the watch. So for now Textra is my go-to SMS app.

This must be an Android Wear bug because Hangouts will also send duplicates in certain situations. I get a notification on the watch, I swipe to reply and it sends. Later, when I use my phone I see the stock "Messenger" app is open despite not being my default (Hangouts is now with GV integration). If I open that app, the duplicate is sent. If I kill the app with the app switcher, I can avoid the duplicate.

Hope they fix it soon.

TJH

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
So... Wear Messenger... Is a good one for replying on ur watch. I use a note 3....wouldn't let me reply... So I downloaded Chomp.... Let's u reply with voice. So again... WEAR messenger let's u reply via voice or preset replies. Let me know what u think!

That wasn't what I was experiencing with EvolveSMS. It sent 3 duplicate messages immediately from the watch without touching the phone. Using Hangouts or Textra I don't have this type of issue.

Emmanuel Lazcano

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I was going to try and install the new minimum keyboard, but was emailed that they are still in development. I can't wait for a keyboard is developed for us to use!

Raelx

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
The stock message app on my Droid Razr M also had no reply. I tried to use Hangouts for a week and it was so unbearably slow i switched to Chomp which is better but still not great. I may try Textra as the make read from the watch sounds nice.