New System Update Available for Moto 360

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Change log is here: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/674f662e48

My 360 just notified me, but needs more battery before it will install, so I'll have to wait until I get home to do so.

Copy paste from Motorola:

==================================================================
Discussion Subject:
Release notes: Moto 360 KGW42R on the way
Comment:

INTRODUCTION

We are rolling out a new software update for Moto 360 by Motorola. With this update we have fixed some issues which improves functionality. For more information on Motorola updates and repairs, visit motorola.com/mymoto360.

NOTE: You cannot downgrade to a previous software version after installing this update.

ENHANCEMENTS

This Moto 360 software update is for all users. After installing the software update you will notice some changes, including:

Bluetooth connectivity

Improved Bluetooth connectivity between the watch and phone to reduce momentary disconnects experienced by some users.

Charging notification

Added a message to confirm that Moto 360 is charging in cases when its battery is fully depleted.

Bug fixes

Implemented bug fixes and other system optimizations.

INSTRUCTIONS

This software update will be rolled out in phases to Moto 360 users over the next few days. When you receive the update, you will receive a notification on your watch.

To successfully install the update, your watch must be connected to a phone which is then connected to the internet. Your watch’s battery level must also be greater than 80%.

If you have received a notification message for this update:

Select "Download".

After the software is downloaded, select "Install now".

After the software is installed, your Moto 360 will restart automatically.

Your watch is now updated with KGW42R

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pre-Download Message

System update

System Update Downloaded

Swipe Left to install”

Pre-Install Message

Download Complete
Ready to install?

Yes No

Your watch will then restart

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I got my 360 in the mail last night. I put it on the charger and let it charge and after I did a reset of the watch and removed and then re installed android wear on my phone it connected and installed the update. Same build #.
Shut the watch off last night with 75% battery left. This morning put it on the charger and before I left the house at 8 it had 85% charge. its now at 59% over 8 hours later. That sounds good to me because I have been messing with it almost all day.

Last edited:

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Got the update as well...hopefully it fixes the connectivity issues for good
Well, disconnects are specifically referred to in the errata, so there should be some improvements.
Improved Bluetooth connectivity between the watch and phone to reduce momentary disconnects experienced by some users.

Who knows, if Moto can keep things stable and improving on the hardware side, and Android can give us a polished 2.0 Wear release in mid-October with improved battery, function, and performance, we may have far less to complain about with our $250 investment.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a perceived issue with lag. So not really seeing a difference in that regard.

One thing that worries me is that I didn't receive my normal morning notifications until I went downstairs. My watch didn't have the "disconnected" icon upstairs, so not sure why I didn't get my notifications. Hopefully it was a fluke and not a bug from the update.

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
No random disconnects here - I added the watch as a trusted device. It has only disconnected when I leave my phone in my office and walk out or when I put the watch in airplane mode. Could it be the phone? I'm using Stock rom Moto X

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Might just be me but battery life seems to have improved after the update.

I don't think it's just you. After a week of usage, my 360 battery has tended to use about 6-7% of it's capacity per hour. After about 9 hours of use throughout the day, ambient mode off, I would be at around 40-45% battery remaining (50-55% percent used over 9ish hours). Not horrible, and plenty good enough to get through my day.

Today however, first day after the update, I have been off the charger now for 5 hours and I am sitting at 86% remaining, or about 3% (2.8% to be exact) per hour. After 9 hours I should be at 75% if this holds. That's less than HALF my prior utilization rate, with absolutely no changes in how I use the watch. At this rate, I'd get about a day and a half out of it. That's GREAT! Very happy with this update so far, although I concede one half day of testing doesn't prove much. I'm betting the bluetooth fixes are responsible for the huge gain and I'm as pleased as punch.

I did have a weird charging issue last night though. I updated the software yesterday evening and put the 360 on the charger. When I went to bed at 11pm, it was fully charged. Woke up at 730am and the watch was at 24%...still sitting on the charger. The charging screen was on and the LED on the dock was lit. So, the device discharged itself while on the dock. Strange. I pulled it off the dock and immediately replaced it, and it charged back up to 100% normally. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it behaves this way again.

If this update adjusts everyone's battery usage similar to what mine seems to be doing and it sticks, then all those battery boo-birds can suck it. ☺

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site
It would seem that connection problems could contribute to reduced battery life if there are multiple attempts during the day to connect.

Personally, I wasn't experiencing any disconnects before.

I am happy with the battery life I am seeing now after the update. At 60% after about 10 hours.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I think the disconnect issue is pretty much fixed. I used to have it disconnect for a few seconds several times a day. I only had 1 issue today and it didn't seem like the normal "fake" disconnect issue. Definitely happy with this update so far.

eloderung

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Definitely seeing a battery life improvement on my end. Charger off at 7:30 AM this morning. 13 hours later and it's that 58%, and that included 30 minutes of navigation and light voice command use. Typically I'd hit this same level at the 11 hour mark, without any navigation or voice command use. I'll see how my battery hog watch face does with the update! (Using 3rd party watch face now, Secret Agent Watch Face).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie