Screen turning on randomly

Ryan Loeffler

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been facing an issue that has not gone away since the latest update. My watch face will randomly turn on without any new notification or movement on my part. I did a reset and uninstalled all 3rd party apps on it. I was wondering if anyone else facing this issue or if im alone here and should contact motorola for a replacement. My battery has gone down 20% in 3 hours... i dont think thats too good... :(

asabino

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the same issue..I usually notice at night, also after update

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ryan Loeffler

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
So i posted on that other forum however i have not got a response. Does no one else notice if they just sit there with no movement or notifications that their watch turns on. Ambient mode off and on latest build.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
You have one other person saying the same thing is happening. Honestly, it sounds like defective hardware. I would return/replace it.

Ryan Loeffler

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I talked to motorola customer service repair team and they had me uninstall Android Wear on my phone, then reset the watch. Turn my phone off and back on. Download Android wear again and then setup the watch. I am now testing battery life and watching for the random screen on's. So far soo good, but i did notice the "build" version was already on the latest version, no need to update... not sure if thats normal after a reset.

Ryan Loeffler

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
**UPDATE**
so after taking the steps above (uninstall Android Wear on my phone, then reset the watch. Turn my phone off and back on. Download Android wear again and then setup the watch) Im on about 2 hours now and my watch has not turned on randomly so far and ive only gone down 5%, Ive been getting normal notifications however i have not used any voice commands. If it keeps at this rate ill get 40 hours.

Ryan Loeffler

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like it's fixed! Good to hear :)

well now its been a few more hours... and well its not doing so great :(
Ive noticed the screen turning on randomly again, and ive had it on for 9 hours and i only have 31% left. Im going to give it a few more days and see how it goes. I know asabino might want to know the results. If its no good ill contact motorola to see if they can send a replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith